Spunky Airlines is Crewing Up for Season 1
SAG TV Series formerly Cloud 9, now Spunky Airlines, is crewing up for season 1. Spunky Airlines is a sexy 30 minute comedy about 6 airline employees that work at Spunky Airlines, a dysfunctional airport that uses satire to keep the audience soaring with laughs from take-off to landing! We will be filming with a RED Scarlett-35 mm film and Cannon 5D Mark II. The studio is in Burton, Michigan (outside of Flint). Our first episode will be filmed on April 21st and 22nd. A total of 6 episodes will be shot on weekends from April 21st until mid August (tentatively).
Available Crew Positions:
- Camera Assistant: Knowledge of operating Cannon 5D and or Red ,steady Cam Glidecam, dolly, and jibs preferred, but not required.
- 1st AD: The First Assistant Director (AD) is the Director’s right hand person, taking responsibility for a number of important practicalities so that the Director is free to concentrate on the creative process. During pre-production, First ADs break down the script into a shot-by-shot storyboard, and work with the Director to determine the shoot order, and how long each scene will take to film. They then draw up the overall shooting schedule (a timetable for the filming period). Once the film is in production, Firsts are in charge of making sure that every aspect of the shoot keeps to this schedule.
- 2nd AD: The Second Assistant Director is the First Assistant Director’s right hand person. The Second AD’s main function is to ensure that all the First AD’s orders and directions are carried out. Seconds have two main responsibilities during production: they prepare and draw up the ‘call sheet’ (a document detailing daily filming logistics, which is distributed to cast and crew), under the supervision of the First; and they oversee all the movements of the cast, ensuring that the principal actors are in make–up, in wardrobe, or standing by on the set at the correct times. In addition, finding and organizing background extras.
- Set Designer: Responsible for hanging posters and decorating sets, etc.
- Boom Operator: We have equipment, but your own is preferred.
- Wardrobe: Responsible for helping actors change wardrobe and assigning costumes.
- Extras PA: Knowledge of SAG paperwork preferred, but not required.
- Hair Artist: Must have own product and equipment.
- MUA: Must have own make up.
- Sound: Own equipment preferred, but we have mic modular windshield kit, 2 shot gun mics, 2 lavs, and 6 inputs Field Mixer and digital recorder.
- 5 PA’s: Responsible for helping production run smoothly, directing extras, runners, props, helping move sets, etc.
Deferred daily rate contract will be given. Catering will be provided. We are currently seeking distribution of season 1, stay tuned!
How to Apply:
This casting call is now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied.
Tags: ad, april 2012, boom operator, burton, camera assistant, cloud 9, crew call, deferred daily rate, extras pa, hair artist, michigan, mua, pa's, sag tv series, set designer, sound, spunky airlines, wardrobe