MajorCinema is Looking for Crew Members
MajorCinema LLC is looking for a crew for out upcoming film Blackwood. Blackwood in essence is a nod to the 1980′s horror franchise and the fans that adore them. Think Friday the 13th meets House of 1000 Corpses. Although it is a Horror / Thriller, it has a lot of personal touches and elements that make the film something that is a fun ride, unique in its own ways and still something that people have seen before and enjoy seeing.
The film Starts around Mid September and We are looking to be wrapped up with principal photography around November 1st at the latest. As many of our actors and others involved with the film have a varying availability, we have a tentative shooting schedule. However once we learn the availability and nonavailability of our crew members, we would most defiantly schedule the shoot around days that would work for them. We will have dates to stick to. You would be given a shooting schedule before hand, and you would be need as much as possible throughout the period of September 15th through November 1st. We will be shooting in West Michigan with a primary emphasis in Muskegon.
Available Crew Positions:
The available positions are as follows with the positions of CAMERA OPERATOR, GAFFER and SOUND ENGINEER needing to have their own equipment, you don’t get paid otherwise.
- CAMERA OPERATOR: (MUST HAVE OWN EQUIPMENT) You will be working directly with the DP and Gaffer to provide the best possible picture. You will most likely have to assist with the set up and travel of the equipment and rigs. To be consider for this position please provide, via email, a reel and/or resume and list any and all equipment that you own. (Camera must be HD 1080 24 fps)
- GAFFER: (MUST HAVE OWN EQUIPMENT) You will be working directly with the DP and Camera Operator to provide the best possible picture. You will most likely have to assist with the set up and travel of the equipment and rigs. To be consider for this position please provide, via email, a reel and/or resume if you have one and list any and all equipment that you own. (3 point lighting preferred)
- SOUND ENGINEER: (MUST HAVE OWN EQUIPMENT) You will be recording the on set audio to provide the best possible sound. You will most likely have to assist with the set up and travel of the equipment and rigs. To be consider for this position please, via email, provide a sample of your work if you have it, and list any and all equipment that you own.
- ASSOCIATE PRODUCER: This position does not require much to any film experience at all. You will be working with the Producers and the other members of the team to develop and adhere to a schedule. Supervising the script so that we stay on the book. Ensuring that each department has what it needs and that constant communication and flow that it needs. You will be part of the glue that holds this film together. If you have a resume, please send one via email, if not, tell us why you want to be a part of this. Either way please include that.
- ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: You will work with the director in order to ensure that the tasks that he cannot readily perform are available. You will perform such tasks as Pick Up shots, making sure call sheets are made, in the right format, accurate, and on set, etc. If you are a budding filmmaker this is the spot for you. College student, growing High School movie maker, or even someone who has done it many times, just send me an email with what you’ve done and who you are.
- LIGHTING TECHNICIAN: You will assist the the Gaffer in the set of lights and other rigs.
- PRODUCTION ASSISTANT(s): You will assist with various on set tasks, day to day things.
- LINE PRODUCER: You will be Key manager during the daily operations of production. The title is associated with the idea that they are the person who is “on the line” on a day-to-day basis.
These are paid positions. Compensation will be discussed with each crew member.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume and any position specific information listed above to: email@example.com
NOTE: Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.