Grand Valley State University Auditions
“You Rascal You” is a Grand Valley State University sponsored full length musical film, written by Christina and Stephanie Choriatis. Looking for actors/actresses available for production during the months of January, early February, and early April 2013 in Grand Rapids, MI.
The story is about a young boy Aiden who aspires to become a jazz trumpet player, and ends up learning lessons from a local jazz club musician, Bud. The tale involves their friendship and how the two of them overcome their internal problems of the past through love of music.
October 30th, 6pm-9pm. Grand Valley State University Kirkhof Center Room 2270
November 2nd, 5:30pm- 9pm. Grand Valley State University Kirkhof Center Room 2259
November 3rd, 12pm-3pm. Grand Valley State University Pew Campus, Devos Center Room 302E
- Aiden: (male, Caucasian, ages 9-11): Lead role. A young boy wise beyond his years dreams to be a jazz trumpet player in order to connect with his absent mother. Develops strong friendship with local jazz musician (Bud).
- Bud: (Male, African-American, mid 20’s-40): Lead role. Local jazz trumpet player who struggles to overcome the death of his younger brother. By mentoring and befriending Aiden, he overcomes a lifetime of sorrow. Sweet, charming, and has a million dollar smile.
- Calvin: (Male, Caucasian, late 30’s-early 40s): Supporting role. Aiden’s father who prevents his son from achieving his dreams. Can be controlling but mostly still in suffers from his wife leaving.
- Loretta: (Female, African-American, mid 20s—early 30s): Supporting role. Talented jazz singer who works with Bud at the club. Romantic interest with Bud and sang with Aiden’s mother in the past. Smart, beautiful, and sweet.
- Scott: (Male, Caucasian, 30’s-50s): Small role. Jazz musician at club where Bud and Loretta work. Jolly and likes to know everyone’s business.
- Noelle: (Female, Caucasian, mid 20s-30s): Aiden’s free spirited mother. Jazz singer. (This is not a role, only need model for record covers, photographs, posters, etc.)
- Extras: Extras needed for Gospel choir, church members, jazz band members, jazz club attendees.
No compensation for project, may offer gas reimbursement depending on location. Food and drinks will be provided on set for talent.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in auditioning, please email your headshot and resume to: JazzMusicalFilm@gmail.com
NOTE: Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
Tags: Actors, Actresses, auditions, casting call, extras, food, full length, grand rapids, grand valley state university, gvsu, musical film, november 2nd, november 3rd, october 30th, unpaid roles, you rascal you