Casting Actors for Ann Arbor Film
An Ann Arbor based production company is casting for “Work/Study,” a short film about “a poor college student struggles with the morality of moonlighting as a thief while others conspire to use her skills for their own ends.”
We will be shooting in the Ann Arbor area. For the roles of Mr. McCready, the Reporter and Henry Harrison, exact times will be determined in the upcoming weeks, but plan on evenings for the most part. For the role of Professor Vance, we are shooting all day long (6am-midnight) on the following days: March 5, 12, 13. You will need to be available all 3 days in order to be considered for this role, no exceptions. For the role of Quentin, we are shooting in the night (7:30pm-midnight) on this Saturday, February 19th.
- PROFESSOR VANCE: Professor Vance is a stern professor who’s also an evil cult leader. Looking for an actor that can portray someone in their late 50s-early 60s.
- MR. MCCREADY: Mr. McCready is a loveable, friendly dad, his daughter Holly is the film’s main character. Looking for an actor that can portray someone who’s late 40s and is white.
- NEWS REPORTER: News Reporter must have News Anchor personality. Looking for an actor that can portray someone in their 30s-50s.
- QUENTIN: Quentin is a socially awkward, nerdy A/V guy. Looking for an actor that can portray someone in their early 20s.
- HENRY HARRISON (Photographed only, not filmed): Henry Harrison is a Computer Science Graduate Student. Looking for an actor that can portray someone in their mid-20s.
Due to the ultra low-budget nature of this film, this will be an unpaid job, but it will be a great chance to work with a talented crew that have gone through advanced film studies and have worked on major productions. Also, the film is planned to be distributed in a wide variety of film festivals, including the Lightworks Film Festival in Ann Arbor and the Traverse City Film Festival. You will receive a copy of the film on DVD, on-screen credit and an invitation to attend the Lightworks Film Festival in April 2011.
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in applying for one of these roles, please email your resume to: email@example.com
NOTE: Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.