Tutti Fuori Productions Casting Call
Tutti Fuori Productions is casting very talents actors for an upcoming film to be shot and produced this summer in Grand Rapids, MI. Auditions are scheduled for late March 2012.
In what could be called a modern-day film noir, two twenty-somethings become entangled in the city’s seedy underbelly after responding to a simple online ad. This yet-to-be-titled film is as much about the city itself as it is about the characters and the story. The producer/director and I are looking for serious actors and actresses who will have the time (and the skill set) necessary to help our team achieve cinematic . Filming will take place mostly at night five days a week (Mon-Fri) to keep everyone’s day schedule and weekends free. Please note that this film does contain some coarse language and adult content.
- Blake: (Lead Role; 21-25, athletic build). Blake is a automotive mechanic by trade, and has recently gone through a very hard break-up. Blake is still very much in love with his ex-girlfriend. Blake is also Sean and David’s roommate, and David’s best friend. Good chemistry between these three rolls is a must. Blake and David share a unique (and often strained) relationship. Blake blames David for much of what happens to them (actor must be capable of a wide ray of emotion; prior acting experience not necessary, but recommended (this is also one of the biggest time commitments because of the substantial amount of dialogue and screen time. SERIOUS actor(s) need only apply).
- Sean: (Supporting Lead; 21-25, Semi athletic/lean preferred). Sean is Blake and David’s roommate; he is your typical white, preppy, suburban kid who, after moving out, was required to get a job to “learn the value of a dollar.” Sean’s character is struggling with a serious drug addiction that’s quickly starting to control his life. Make no mistake, though; this character isn’t a scum-of-the- drug addict; Sean is just a kid with bad drug habit. Unfortunately, it’s about to cost him everything…(actor should be able to portray the raw side of human nature, as well as have the ability to transition through a multitude of emotions. Once again, serious actors only, please).
- John Fowler: (Supporting Role; 40-50, stocky build, salt-and-pepper hair acceptable). John is a seasoned Internal Affairs agent who has spent the better part of a year investigating another of the film’s characters, Mickey, a vice detective under suspicion of corruption (actor should be well-composed and appear “seasoned.” Role has moderate screen time and dialogue).
- Saul: (Minor Role; 35-45, heavy-set build). Saul runs the garage where Blake works (minimal screen time and dialogue).
- Jenna (Voice): (Minor Voice Acting; 21-25, no other characteristics required). Blake’s ex, while Jenna is never actually seen on-screen, her presence over the phone is a catalyst for the film’s major plot thread (minimal dialogue).
NOTE: Again, this is a film in which serious actors are needed. If you have the talent and the time to dedicate to this project, we want you on board, and if any potential actors have anything else they can bring to the table (whether it be behind the camera or in front of it), we would greatly appreciate it.
The roles will not be compensated initially, but there is room for profit-sharing further down the line. More importantly, we treat our actors with the utmost respect and care because without you, there is no film.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please email your resume, headshots and anything else you believe will help us get a glimpse into who you are as an actor or actress to: email@example.com
NOTE: Upon submission, we will be contacting you shortly thereafter to set up an audition. Group auditions will be held in late March. Personal Appointments may be provided on a case-by-case basis