Audition at Compass College of Cinematic Arts
Casting actors for the dark comedy short film, “Tooth Nerves”. Auditions for these roles will be held at Compass College of Cinematic Arts in Grand Rapids. Actors must be available on March 7th, 8th, and 9th of 2013 for shooting and open for communication between now and then.
Tooth Nerves is a short film, dark comedy about a man who is afraid to go to the dentist but must due to a very bad toothache, that may lead to oral cancer.
January 28 & 29, and February 1, 2013 from 5:00pm to 8:30pm
Compass College of Cinematic Arts
45 Sheldon Blvd SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
- Phillip: a man in his early to late twenties with medium build. He is the average manly guy with a good sense of humor who has never had any true fears except for the dreaded dentist.
- Rodger: a man in his early to late twenties with a husky build. He is the close friend of Phillip who cares about his well-being and pushes him to do the right thing.
- Dentist George: in his mid to late fifties with a stocky build. He is the mastermind of the terror and pain that floods the dreams of Phil’s past and present. Must be able to portray a double personality of “good” and “bad” dentists.
- Dentist #2: in their twenties or thirties, evil assistant to Dentist #1.
- Dentist #3: in their twenties or thirties, evil assistant to Dentist #1.
- Darla: Mid to late twenties, a bubbly yet slightly creepy receptionist.
- Young Girl: Ages three to seven, a patient of the dentist, seen once as scary example of what happens, seen again as an exceptional example of good dentistry.
- Mother of Girl: Thirties to forties in age, mother to young girl (above).
Compensation will not be monetary, but there will be fun on set as well as food and a DVD copy of the completed film (travel expenses will not be paid, must provide own transportation).
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, just attend one of the auditions. Any questions or appointments can be emailed to Cassie Smith at: email@example.com
NOTE: Please include “I hate dentists” in the subject line of your email.