Lakeland Players Announces Auditions for the Tony Award Winning Musical.
Casting adults, teens and children of all ages for the musical “Titantic”. Auditons are being held on January 9th-11th in Waterford, MI, All roles are chorus with some featured parts. Show dates are April 13th, 14th, 15th , 20th, 21st & 22nd 2012 at the Lakeland Center of Performing Arts.
Indeed it truly is a once-only in a hundred years opportunity to commemorate the 1912 Maiden sailing of the great ship Titanic in the Centennial year of 2012. Based on numerous actual characters aboard the great ship, this show focuses on their dreams, hopes and aspirations — as the story of the launching, the collision with the iceberg, and the sinking is played out against the background of the rigid class-distinctions of the Edwardian Age. Unaware of the fate that awaits them, the Third Class immigrants dream of a better life in America, the newly enfranchised Second Class dream of achieving the lifestyles of the rich and famous, and the millionaire-Barons of the First Class dream of their hegemony lasting forever. The ship itself, a dream deemed to be life-protecting and unsinkable by the ship’s Architect Thomas Andrews, journeys into legend in the hands of its Captain, Owner and Crew — as a Stoker, a Lookout, and a Telegraph Operator reveal from their perspectives why Titanic was going too fast, saw the iceberg too late, and could not summon help to arrive in time.
Auditions are January 9th, 10th & 11th 2012 from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
Central United Methodist Church
3882 Highland Road (M-59)
- Frederick Barrett: Male tenor, age 24 – 32 (lead)
- Bruce J. Ismay: Male baritone, age 32 – 50 (lead)
- Thomas Andrews: Male tenor, age 30 – 40 (lead)
- Captain E. J. Smith: Male baritone, age 40 – 60 (lead)
- Harold Bride: Male baritone, age 22 – 32 (supporting)
- Alice Beane: Female mezzo, age 30 – 50 (supporting)
- Edgar Beane: Male bass, age 32 – 50 (supporting)
- Caroline Neville: Female soprano, age 30 – 45 (supporting)
- Charles Clarke: Male tenor, age 25 – 38 (supporting)
- Ida Straus: Female alto, age 50 – 65 (supporting)
- Isidor Strauss: Male bass-baritone, age 50 – 65 (supporting)
- Henry Etches: Male tenor, age 35 – 60 (supporting)
- Frederick Fleet: Male tenor, age 25 – 40 (supporting)
- William Murdoch: Male baritone, age 30 – 40 (supporting)
- Kate McGowan: Female soprano, age 20 – 32 (supporting)
- Jim Farrel: Male baritone, age 20 – 30 (cameo)
- Chorus: Age 6 – 99 (chorus)
These are not paid roles.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please email your headshot and resume to: email@example.com
NOTE: Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Please come prepared with a song to sing and be prepared.