Cornerstone University Media Student Film
Casting actors a Cornerstone University Media short student film (10-12 minutes). “The Writer’s Journey” is a non-union independent film directed by Matthew Miller and produced by Bryce Thompson. Auditions will be held in March in Grand Rapids, MI. Shooting starts March 11, 2013 and ends on March 24, 2013.
A struggling writer looking to make a name for himself in Hollywood finds himself in a difficult situation as he has to learn to respect the value of those he would least expect.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Friday, March 15, 2013
NOTE: All auditions will be given a specific time within this window and will be held at Cornerstone University in Grand Rapids. An exact location will be provided upon submission.
- [DEREK] [GENDER: MALE] A twenty-something screenplay writer that loves to tell stories and isn’t lacking in the pretentious. Having loved watching and writing stories since he was just a kid, Derek thinks he knows best when it comes to crafting the perfect story.
- [FRAN] [GENDER: FEMALE] A fifty-something diner waitress who’s true joy in life is serving and listening to her patron’s life stories. Having worked the same job for nearly 25 years, Fran’s true joy comes from creating relationships and helping those she waits on.
- [PRODUCER] [GENDER: MALE] A late forty-something film Executive Producer who is most certainly the voice of reckoning at Nalon Pictures. The Producer knows what he wants, when he wants it, and why, and he isn’t afraid to be totally blunt.
- [JASON] [GENDER: MALE] A late thirty-something actor from Nova Scotia who just wants a shot at his next big part. Having gotten his first real taste of stardom, Jason is anxious to audition for his next role, leading to some very surprising turn of events for this character.
- [JACKSON] [GENDER: MALE] A forty-something crash-and-grab robber who isn’t afraid to bully people into getting what he wants. Jackson is interested in only two things in life: 1. where the next job is going down and 2. where he can grab another bit to eat.
- [SERGENT JACK] [GENDER: MALE] A forty-something retired Navy Seal who wants to keep his men safe, finds his patience strained when one of his lead detectives goes rouge.
- [Derek] [GENDER: MALE] A twenty-something screenplay writer that loves to tell stories and isn’t lacking in the pretentious. Having loved watching and writing stories since he was just a kid, Derek thinks he knows best when it comes to crafting the perfect story.
- [JENKINS] Police officer who dies in the line of duty.
- [MOBSTERS] 2-3
- [POLICE OFFICERS] 5-7
- [DINER PATRONS] 10-20
- [FUNERAL MOURNERS] 5-10
Credit, Experience, Meals on longer shoots, Copy of final product, Possible monetary compensation based on experience and budget.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please email your headshot and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.