Compass College of Cinematic Arts Student Film
The Party Guy, a short student thesis film is casting actors. Auditions will be held in Grand Rapids on May 29, 30 and 31. Talent must be available to shoot on July 5,6,7, and 8th.
Tuesday, May 29th from 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Wednesday, May 30th from 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Thursday, May 31st from 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Compass College of Cinematic Arts
41 Sheldon Blvd SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Eric is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. The kind of guy that would never say “no” to anyone who asks him for help. Forced to attend the engagement party of his ex-girlfriend, Autumn, Eric reveals to his co-worker and roommate Tellman that he still has feelings for her. Convinced that this is his last chance to tell Autumn how he feels about her, together they devise a plan to hire a stranger known only as The Party Guy to out Autumn’s soon-to-be fiancé Peter and win back the heart of his true love. However, they get more than they expected from the partier-for-hire, and soon they find themselves in a very uncomfortable situation.
- Eric: Mid to late 20’s, Caucasian, slim body. A nice guy who is very modest, Eric is reluctant to share his opinions, and relies on others to make the important decisions.
- Tellman: Mid to late 20’s, average to athletic build. Strong on the outside, soft on the inside, Francis Tellman is an extrovert who acts first and thinks later. He is the roommate and co-worker of Eric.
- The Party Guy: Late 20’s to early 30’s, athletic build, 6’2” or above. Every bit a professional when it comes to partying, TPG is as mysterious as he is larger than life. He is very outgoing, motivated, but also savvy.
- Autumn: Mid to late 20’s, slim to average build. Autumn is a very creative, if not awkward woman. Charming and naïve, her desire to settle down conflicts with her urge to become a writer.
- Peter: Mid to late 20’s, average to athletic build. Peter is a bit dull. He was ushered through life by the guiding hand of his father, and never had to try very hard at anything. Generally a nice guy, but not very bright.
- Richard: Mid 50’s, big and tall. Business is about all Richard knows. He loves his family, and does whatever he can to provide for them. He is a bit intimidating, but is a big teddy bear. Outside of the office he mostly follows his wife around.
- The Governor: Mid 50’s to early 60’s, slim to average build. The Governor is a man who is used to getting his way. If he insists on something, you cannot say no. He may even come off a bit condescending, and usually thinks less of people without social status.
- Grandma Beverly: Mid 80’s, frail but tough as nails attitude. Grandma B is a bit out there. She loves gossip, and believes that vodka can go with just about anything.
These are not paid roles.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please email your headshot and resume to: email@example.com
NOTE: Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.