Actors and Film Crew Needed for Short Film
In pre-production for a low/no budget, 40-45 minute short entitled, “The Intervention.” Based on actual events in the mid 1970s, the script may be amended to the present to avoid costly staging. The story unfolds over a 24-hr time frame except a flash forward six months for one scene. Talent and crew can expect to film over a three-week period September-October, mostly weekends.
- DP, audio technician, wrangler, script super, location scout, lighting and makeup persons, an associate producer and an solid film editor.
- Tom Melton: (age 27-35, caucasian) Small town newspaper editor, caucasian (lead role)
- Bob Munn: (22-27) Reporter (supporting role)
- Mr. T.: (19-21) College student, born and raised in Toronto (supporting role)
- Punk Girl No. 1: (age 14-17) To be played by female older than 18 (smaller speaking roles)
- Punk Girl No. 2: (age 14-17) To be played by female older than 18 (smaller speaking roles)
- Charles Marsden: (55) News editor (minor role)
- Canadian Border Guard: (40-ish) (minor role)
- 10-15 Extras: Any race or gender
I will be preparing a budget and seeking funding with the intent of paying everyone something.
How to Apply:
This casting call is now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied.