Calling All Aspiring Actors & Actresses!
Have you ever dreamed about starting your career in a student sitcom production? Wouldn’t you love to begin your career on a fun-loving set with inspirational people surrounding you?
Well here’s your chance! On Friday, February 18th at 5:00pm, a few students in the SAC 402: Television Studio class will be hosting a casting call for our sitcom, The Hardwood Diaries, written by Courtney Fletcher and directed by Greg Smith. The auditions will be held at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Mason Hall Room 2333.
The story revolves around an up and coming basketball coach for the YMCA basketball team. He comes face to face with his biggest rival and has a face-off match with their “amazing” teams.
- Coach Savage: late 40s, obsessive worn out coach trying to recruit a basketball team for the YMCA
- Andrew Savage: Savage’s son (in his 20s), slightly overweight, somewhat nerdy looking guy
- Lizzie and Tyler: Two players on the team who are madly in love with one another (i.e. Taylor Swift and Taylor Lautner from Valentine’s Day)
- Alex: random member on the team
- Sam: member on the team, Asian, late 20s, really good at basketball
- Patrick: tall, Black, in his 20s, “suppose to be able to play” basketball
- Coach White: a young hot-shot coach that took Coach Savage’s job after he was fired
These are not paid roles.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please confirm your audition by emailing Jourdan at: email@example.com
NOTE: Please bring your headshot and resume to the audition.