Casting Actors & Extras
“The Elevator” is casting actors and extras. This dry, straight-forward comedy will be shown at Oakland University’s Grizzdance Film Festival this fall. John Katona is the one of the writer’s for this film.
“The Elevator” is an 8 minute short film taking place mostly in elevators observing the conversations a college aged girl has with strangers, in an attempt to be friendly. It is a dialog driven dry comedy with a realistic feel.
- RAMONA: (LEAD) 20-25 Female Dynamic personality, best friend of the female lead character Alice, quirky, party girl outside of party environment
- REGAN: (LEAD) 20-25 charismatic, playful, not a player. Flirty with the lead character Alice.
- ROBERT: (SUPPORTING) 40-60 Male
- MELISSA: (SUPPORTING) 20-25 Female Coy, disinterested, self-involved, doesn’t want to talk to a stranger on the elevator
- JASON: (SUPPORTING) 25-30 Male straight shooter, ambitious, flat, no nonsense
- EXTRAS: We are also in need of 5 featured college-aged extras for this film
NOTE: This short is meant to be dry humor. Parts should be played straight-forward. Examples of other films with this humor would be This is Spinal Tap and Best in Show and films by Noah Baumbach (The Squid and the Whale (2005), Greenberg (2010), Fantastic Mr. Fox (2009))
These roles are non-paid however we are submitting to other films festivals around the state. It will be a great addition to your reel.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please email your headshot and resume to Courtney at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Please include the Character Name or “Extra” in the subject line of your email. You will receive an email with the audition dates and location. This will be a cold read audition, you will receive the sides for the character in which you want to read for at the audition.