Audition for Project Theatre Company’s Independent Film
We are looking for hard working reliable people that are non-union status only. Auditions will be held Thursday Aug 12th, 2010 from 6-8pm in the basement of the Old Main building (4841 Cass, Detroit, MI 48201) on Wayne State University’s campus.
“Tha Corner” is a gritty story about the reality of young people living in the low income areas of the inner city experiencing political injustice, greed, murder, and family discourse.
- Dino- Lead Character, early twenties, nickel and dime hustler, very smart and respectful. Does not swear. Best friend to James.
- James- Lead Character, early twenties, wild and out of control no respect for anyone. Best friend to Dino.
- TeTe- Dino’s girlfriend. Strong and smart. Good woman for Dino. Early twenties.
- Lisa- TeTe’s best friend. Gold digger but has major sex appeal. Physically beautiful. Early twenties.
- Bama- Athletic built with southern accent. Ambitious. New on the Narcotics squad. Late twenties.
- Country- Tall and big. Crooked Narcotics officer for some years now.
- Toni- Dino’s little sister between the age of 16-18. Don’t let the age fool you. She is one of the sexiest girl in the city. Everybody wants her.
- Mama- Dino’s mom. Late forties. Passive to her husband but stern with her kids. a traditional house wife.
- Dad- Ex-drug dealer. Did some years in the joint. Works 9-5 now. Disappointed and discussed with Dino for following in his footsteps.
- Slim- The Head dope man in the city. Late thirties.
- Tommy- Slim’s right hand man. Mid thirties.
- Fat Mike- Slim’s other right hand man.
- Commander- The Commander and Chief of the police force. Hard but wants to make a change in the city. Wants to gain control of the dope distribution in order to eliminate it completely.
- Javier- The drug connect for James and Dino.
This is not a paying gig.
How to Apply:
If you are interested, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a confirmation email with your audition time. Spots are extremely limited.
NOTE: Bring a headshot and resume if possible. No monologues needed for this audition. You will be given sides upon your arrival. You must have an appointment to audition.