Casting Lead Roles and Extras
Auditions are being held for the short film by Wayne State University film students, “Slip”. Looking for actors of any ethnicity for lead and extra roles.
A neo-noir meant to experiment with string theory and theoretical physics, all while playing with perceptions of reality; heavily focused on themes of existentialism, fatalism, isolation, alienation from others. The lead protagonist, Gabriel, is trapped by his situation; he has no choices, very few options and he is left with nothing else but to fight for his survival.
Saturday, October 13th from 2:00pm to 7:00pm
Wayne State University
Rm. 281 Student Center
5221 Gullen Mall
Detroit, MI 48202
- Gabriel: An accomplished physicist, intelligent and well spoken. Seemingly scrawny, but tough and hard to break. His confidence over shadows his weak demeanor. Uses his intelligence as an advantage in the real world, and has made a scientific discovery- leading to him jumping between two universes.
- Lenore/Ezra: This character has two halves, appearing in the two universes being jumped between. Lenore is Gabriel’s love interest, the Femme Fatal. Her beauty and confidence hint to her dangerous nature. To her, love cannot conquer greed- and her greed is greater than any others. Ezra is Lenore’s opposite, she is a loving and caring psychiatrist- trying to reach her patients. Willingness to have hair color dyed for the two halves would be great, but not demanded.
- Mr. Harris: Head gangster, an intelligent criminal on a mission. Well spoken, seemingly successful and affluent. Willing to take risks to win, but won’t get his own hands dirty. An oddball, refined- but John Waters esque, touching the boundary of femininity as a thug.
- Bruno: Mr.Harris’s goon, the muscle behind the operation. Deals with Gabriel’s resistance in a physical way. Aggressive, strong, and the masculinity balancing out Harris.
- Nico: Another goon, specializing in torturing Mr. Harris foes. Fights to the death with Gabriel.
- 4-5 Orderlies: Asylum workers, able to control the patients. Strong and big.
- 1-2 Nurses: Works at asylum, tending to patients- handling medication.
- Asylum Patients: Crazies at asylum.
This is a student production. At this time we can not offer compensation.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, just attend the open audition on October 13th. If you have any questions about this film, please email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org