Open Casting for Actors & Actresses
An open casting call is being held for actors for the short film, “Sext Messaging”. The casting call will take place in Detroit on October 22nd, 2011.
“Sext Messaging” is adapted from the short story S & M: Sexts & Messaging about a neglected wife who begins a cyber-relationship with a married man, which leads to obsession and ultimately… tragedy!
Open Casting Details:
Saturday, October 22nd from 11:00am to 3:00pm
5161 Charles St.
Detroit, MI 48212
- SABRA: Black female, early 30’s, neglected wife, small to medium build, shoulder length hair, naive, insecure
- KENZU BRANTLEY: Black male, dark skin, early 30’s, physically fit, low-cut hair, charismatic, womanizer, short-tempered
- HANK: Black male, 30’s, workaholic, detached husband
- QUATRINA BRANTLEY: Black female, late 20’s early 30’s, stocky/round build, loving and loyal wife, no nonsense
- BUDDY: Black male, 30’s to early 40’s, positive demeanor
- DETECTIVE: Black male, mid to late 40’s, serious demeanor
- HANK’S BROTHER: Black male, mid to late 20’s, party goer
- HANK’S BOY: Black male, 30’s to early 40’s, immature, obnoxious
- LANA: Black female, 30’s, loud, raunchy, opinionated
- MONIQUE: Black female, 30’s, reserved, soft-spoken, mediator
- SABRA’S MOTHER: Black female, 50’s
- TAMMY: White female, mid to late 20’s early 30’s, friendly, nosey
These are not paid roles, but a great opportunity to gain exposure.
How to Apply:
This casting call is now closed. Thank you to everyone who applied.