Casting Actors for Character Driven Drama Film (updated)
Second Star Pictures is casting talented, serious actors who want to showcase their craft in a serious, character driven drama film. Audition will be held on Saturday, Decembe 17th and Tuesday, December 20th. Shooting will take place in metro Detroit on weekends in January and February.
- ROBERT: Lead – Male, Caucasian, late 30s – early 40s. Robert is an average man in every way. Average height and build, average face, n…o facial hair, full head of hair, average clothes, average job. He is mired down by years in an unhappy marriage. He lives in quiet desperation, has very low self-confidence, and is easily manipulated.
- DIANNA:Lead – Female, Caucasian, early 30s – early 40s. Educated, successful and calculating, Dianna is a modern femme fatale. A lawyer, she uses her beauty and brains equally to control everyone and everything around her – and it thrills her like nothing else. Looking for an actor who can convey strength and sexuality without resorting to cliche flirting techniques. Very challenging role. *Must be OK with kissing scenes with a man, and with another woman.
- LUCINDA: Lead – Female, Caucasian, late 30s – early 40s. Lucinda is a modest woman, lost in life. She carries her misery internally, and its eating her inside. Lucinda could be beautiful if she tried to do her hair, he makeup, etc., but she lacks the confidence and motivation to do so. *Must be OK with a kissing scene with another woman.
- HARVEY: Minor role, speaking lines – Race open, early 40s – early 50s. Boisterous businessman – friendly, not obnoxious, but a big personality. *Must have improvisational talents/experience.
- JIM: Minor role, speaking lines – Race open, late 30s – late 40s. Pragmatic, intellectual, accountant type. NOT looking for a caricature of a “nerd” but someone who can play the role straight. *Must have improvisational talents/experience.
- JEN: Minor role, speaking lines – Race open, early 40s – early 50s. VERY chatty suburban housewife type. Super happy in an almost fake way. *Must have improvisational talents/experience.
- ANN: Minor role, speaking lines. Race open, early 40s – early 50s. Ex Trophy Wife. Gorgeous, well-dressed, sexy, and she knows it. *Must have improvisational talents/experience.
These are non-paid, non-union roles, but this picture will be worth your time! Since these are non-paid roles, we want to take care of you as much as possible — so in addition to the standard food, copy of the movie, credit, etc., we’ll promote you on our web site, social media networks, and advertising/promotion for the film.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please email your headshot, resume and links to videos you’re featured in (if possible, not required) to: email@example.com
NOTE:If we feel you might be a fit for one of the roles, our Casting Director will contact you to set up an audition. If selected for an audition, you will need to bring a hard copy of your headshot and acting resume, and a prepared 2-minute monologue to perform. You will also receive sides and may be asked to cold-read a scene.