RISE TO FAME
A Stewart / Keyes Film
Filming locations: Lansing, Flint, Pontiac, Troy and Bloomfield Hills in Michigan.
This film will be a union production with both SAG and IATSE. We are looking to cast background extras, crew and a few minor roles for the film “Rise to Fame”.
A struggling high school wrestler dealing with the death of his father while at the same time suffers from the family financial issues and school, holding onto what keeps him inspired; wrestling. The school hires a wrestling coach, Terrell Jacobs, who starts a program that will initially make its way towards mainstream wrestling.
We are currently is in talks with Dwayne Johnson to play as Coach Terrell Jacobs, from what we have so far due to his current schedule at the moment, Dwayne has already given us a good feedback on the storyline and we plan to start filming sometime in October after Dwayne finishes with Fast Five.
We will need non-union background performers as ringside fans, students, teachers, parents and security guards.
- Mark Watkins – Caucasian Male He is a student who signs on to the Wrestling Program, he becomes friends with Thomas and joins him in a wrestling tag team. Marks is slight built and is also a martial artist learning Jujitsu, that he uses in the wrestling program.
- Kenny Johnson – African American Male He is Thomas’s friend since middle school and enjoys hip-hop, Kenny’s nick-name is Beazt who is also a underground rapper. He joins the Wrestling Program and is somewhat of a joker that makes everyone laugh. Mark is built, from head to toe. Ms.
- Gwen Roberts – Caucasian / African American Female She is the supervisor of the Wrestling Program, in charge of the entire scene. Gwen will have a love interest in Coach Terrell Jacobs (Dwayne Johnson) later on the storyline Terrell and Gwen will kiss, Gwen is a beautiful and smart women and she teaches part time Social Studies class. We will be very interested in everyone who applies for this role, as you will be kissing Dwayne Johnson.
- Tyler S. Matthews – Caucasian Male He is the antagonist in this story, he is the high school bully that likes to tear at freshmans and ruin the hallways. After getting caught because of Thomas, he joins the Wrestling Program to inflict as much pain as he can to Thomas. Tyler is semi-built and intimidating, he has a small beard growing and always angry at the littlest things.
- Briana Collin – Caucasian Female She is the love interest of Thomas (the main protagonist), who is also the love interest of Tyler (the antagonist). She dislikes violence so she ignores both of them, she will though later on accept Thomas’s love. Briana is a sexy cheer leader and team captain of the cheer leading squad.
- Samantha – Caucasian / African American Female She is a cheer leader and best-friend of Briana and she has a love interest in Thomas, she dislikes Tyler because he had robbed her of her money while she was a freshman. Samantha is seen always talking on her cell-phone and texting in class, Samantha likes to smoke weed and she drinks heavy during parties.
- Coach Terrell Jacobs – Dwayne Johnson Screen / Stunt Double We are looking for anyone who can resemble Dwayne Johnson in height and body, face is of no issue. If you can also perform extra stunts for Mr. Johnson, that would also be great as well. We are also looking to fill many smaller speaking and non-speaking roles.
We are also looking for two positions as of now to help prepare us for the film:
- Assistant Art Director – Must have experience, we prefer to have a multi-media art director for ads, flyers, posters and many more being used in the film, and you will receive credit towards Iatse, compensation will be discussed.
- Production Office – We need workers with experience to help our crew ready for the film, you will be compensated and earn credits towards Iatse.
Background performers will earn $80 / 8 Hours. SAG vouchers available for Cast and IATSE credits offered.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, headshots to Kenneth R. Baker: email@example.com
NOTE: If you are applying for a role, you must send us the required materials otherwise we will not be contacting you what so ever; Resume Headshot Sizes Phone Number We will then send you a small monologue for the character, you must then record yourself following the directions that will be sent along with the monologue.