Auditons for Horror Film Project
Casting several roles for a lo-fi horror film, “Red Blob Massacre”. The film will be shot in and around Ann Arbor, Michigan in December and January. Most roles have no dialogue, and will require only a couple of days of shooting. Auditions will take place on Tuesday, November 1st from 4:00pm to 6:30pm in Ann Arbor.
- Dad: 35-55 years old, will have to wear fake ugly teeth with braces. (Caucasian)
- Mom: 35-55 years old, will have to wear fake ugly glasses. (Caucasian)
- Teacher: 35+ years old, a boring man who is overly serious and has a slightly gross sexual tension. (any ethnicity welcome)
- Two College Girls: Pretty, mean, somewhat athletic/cheerleader types. (any ethnicity welcome)
- Handsome Boyfriend: Muscular, good-looking rock-star type with tattoos and an oily body (oiliness not required for audition, but willingness to oil down your torso and flex muscles in front of a camera for the shooting required. If you don’t have tattoos, don’t worry- you can still audition for the part. Any ethnicity welcome.)
Compensation at this point is not available, although if things change I will be more than eager to pay you for your time and energy. Otherwise, you’ll get the opportunity to work with a great group of people, get your face on the big screen, and receive a copy of the film upon completion.
Screening of film will take place over the weekend of April 6-8 at a location in Ann Arbor or Detroit (currently being determined). Screening will be combined with live performance and site-specific installation. There is the possibility of screen performers having the opportunity to perform as part of the live event.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please email your headshot and resume to Emilia Javanica at: email@example.com
NOTE: Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email. If it looks like you may be a good fit for the part, we will call you in for an audition.