Auditions for Actors and Extras
Duality Films is holding auditions for their upcoming short film “Print is Dead”. Principle photography is scheduled for May 26-27 in Jackson, MI. If chosen, you will be called in for a cold read audition in Jackson, MI on May 12th. This is the only date we are holding the auditions.
“Print is Dead” is a short film about a famous writer, Distin, finds himself amid a scandal involving accusations made by his mentor, Professor Brown. When Distin confronts the Professor, he finds that it isn’t just his career that the Professor is out to destroy.
- CALLIOPE: Female, 25-35, Dark Hair, Mediterranean skin tone (Think Emmanuelle Chriqui) – This is the lead female role. Preferred background in modeling or dance (but not required), as this role requires significant symbolism through movement and facial expression without overacting.
- PROFESSOR ALLAN BROWN: Male, 45-60, Open Ethnicity – This role is the main antagonist of the film, must have a “College Professor” look, with a hidden sinister side.
Available Extras Roles:
- REPORTER: Age 18-22 – This role is a reporter for the college’s student paper, to whom Professor Brown reveals the plot. There are a few lines.
- BARTENDER: No lines, for a flashback sequence
- BAR PATRONS: No lines, for a flashback sequence
- STUDENTS: Ages 18-22, must look like a college student, one of the extras will have a line with Professor Brown.
These are not paid positions at this time. The application is in to make this a SAG-eligible shoot. If you are not SAG, this would be a good opportunity to gain access to the union if the application is approved. We will provide food, copy and credit for each day of shooting.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please email your resume to: email@example.com
NOTE: Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email. If you cannot make the audition date or the shoot schedule please do not submit.