Theater After Dark Auditions
Theater After Dark in cooperation with TACA invites ages 18+ to audition for the greatest cult classic rock musical ever made, The Rocky Horror Show! Auditions will he held on August 21st and 22nd in Caro, MI. You will audition karaoke style to the music from the movie. Watch the movie…it’s our inspiration for everything. Show dates will be October 28th and 29th at TACA.
Sunday, August 21 & Monday, August 22nd from 6:00pm – 9:00pm
102 Joy St.
- Narrator: Guides us through the show, any age or physical type
- Brad Majors: (Rock Tenor, 20s) Handsome and wholesome
- Janet Weiss: (Mezzo, 20s) Brad’s fiancee. Pretty and wholesome
- Dr. Frank N Furter: “a transvestite from the planet Transsexual in the galaxy of Transylvania”
- Riff Raff: (Rock Tenor, 25-45) Hunchback handyman. An eccentric butler of Dr. Frank ‘N’ Furter.
- Columbia: (Mezzo, 20s-30s) One of Dr. Frank ‘N’ Furter’s groupies. Strong character actor, tap dancing a plus.
- Rocky Horror: (Rock Baritone/Tenor, 20s) The result of one of the Dr.’s experiments: “the perfect man”
- Eddie / Dr. Scott: (Rock Tenor, 30-50) A delivery guy who rocks. / An older gentleman, a rival scientist, in a wheelchair. STRONG character actor, any size.
- Usherette / Magenta: (Husky Rock Mezzo/Alto, 20’s-40) A very strange servant of Dr. Frank ‘N’ Furter. SEXY.
- Chorus of Phantoms: Singers/actors of all ethnicities, and a wide range of body types, who are strong rock singers. Must do the Time Warp dance.
These are not paid roles.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please attend one of the open auditions. If you have any questions please email them to Mary at: email@example.com
NOTE: Please note that this is a Rated R show. If for some crazy reason you haven’t seen the movie… Shame on you! Go see it now! Anyway… you will NOT be asked (or allowed) to reveal anything covered by a bathing suit/bikini, but if you are at all shy or modest, please just come see the show (almost all characters wear a corset, panties, fishnets, heels and garters). Due to the adult themes and nature of the show, we prefer that everyone is at least 18; however, if you’re 17 and think you can rock one of these characters, call us and we’ll consider allowing you to audition, but only after speaking to you AND your parent/guardian. Written permission is mandatory.