GVSU Senior Thesis Film Casting
We are casting for a senior thesis film entitled “Off Camera: A Tale of True Love”. Actors are needed for lead roles, supporting, bit roles and extras. Auditions will be held in October 2011 in Allendale, MI at Grand Valley State University. Filming will start on the weekend of October 28th.
Friday, October 7th from 6:00 – 9:00pm
Saturday, October 8th from 12:00pm – 5:00pm
Friday, October 14th from 6:00 – 9:00pm
Saturday, October 15th from 12:00 – 5:00pm
Grand Valley State University (Kirkhof Center room 2264)
1 North Campus Drive
Allendale Charter Township, MI 49401
NOTE:There will be signs posted in Kirkhof if the room changes for some reason.
Since neither one of them has had any luck with their love life lately, Janet and Hank decide that it is a brilliant idea to try out a brand new dating company in their town. Their best friend and amateur filmmaker, Doug, decides that it’s a brilliant idea to record the entire process.
- Janet Harris: (Lead Role) Hanks best friend who secretly has a crush on Hank, but refuses to acknowledge it, even to herself. Just out of college. Clever and funny. Nerdy in the socially acceptable way.
- Hank Kyles: (Lead Role) Remarkably like Janet. Just out of college. Nerdy. Loves video games and movies. Oblivious to the fact that Janet is his perfect match.
- Doug Wilson:(Lead Role) The videographer and friend of both Hank and Janet who decided it would be a brilliant idea to film the entire escapade of them trying out this new dating service.
- Jonathan Myers: (Supporting Role) The middle-aged over-confident CEO of True Love INC., a new off-line dating service.
- Nancy Smitherson: (Supporting Role) True Love INC.’s “Director of Selection Services,” who oversees the interviews that are held during the company’s matching process.
- Carol Brown: (Supporting Role) Hank’s True Love INC match. Attractive, but a bit of a ditz. Has quite a bit of valley girl in her and loves Twilight. To clarify, this does not make her a bad person, she’s actually very nice, just not a good match for Hank.
- Tom: (Supporting Role) Janet’s match. A genuinely nice guy who gets matched with Janet. However, he doesn’t seem to be interested in any of the things that Janet is into, instead he’s more focused on his career and finding a wife to create that dreamed of life.
- Waiter: (Bit Role) At a restaurant. Serves Hank and Janet, gets the manager.
- Manager: (Bit Role) At a restaurant. Throws Doug out of the restaurant.
- Lady & Husband: (Bit Role) At a restaurant. They get Doug kicked out of the restaurant while he is recording.
- Usher: (Bit Role) Works at the movie theatre and kicks Doug out.
- Extras: To fill out a concert scene, movie theatre, and restaurants.
These are not paid roles. Talent will receive Credit and Food.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please email your headshot and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.