Lead, Supporting Cast Needed for Indie Film
Still casting one lead role, a few supporting roles and extras for the 30-minute independent film, “My good friend, Gwen”. Shooting is scheduled for July 14th, 15th, 21st, 22nd, 30th and 31st in East Lansing. We may also have pick up days on the last two Fridays if we are behind schedule.
Donald is a teacher’s assistant for the creative writing program at his graduate university, though Donald himself is not part of the graduate program. He is under qualified with his professional writing undergrad, and so he is writing an entrance piece in order to prove himself. He is suffering from writer’s block, trying to capture his emotions about his brother who died months prior in his entrance piece. At the same time, he has to go to an apprenticeship with the elitist creative writing TA’s in order to learn from them before he is accepted into their program. After being invited to a party by his students in his recitation class, he must decide whether he is willing to move past his brother’s death and befriend his good-natured class, or continue living his lonely life by himself.
- Paul: (Ages 25-28) A dirty and slightly delusional punk who walks about the streets of the university asking people to sign a petition to bring casinos to the town. He is very much a caricature.
- Jeff: (Ages 20-22) An anxiety ridden, nerdy type student in Donald’s recitation class. He is constantly under prepared for class, and is often the butt of the joke of each scene he is in. Also another caricature which acts as a foil to Donald’s straight man.
- Matt: (Ages 25-28) Another TA for the creative writing undergraduate program. He is an elitist intellectual who thinks everything written is a reference to some other classical literature piece. Matt is the most frustrated with Donald’s lack of experience.
- James: (Ages 20-22) Students in Donald’s recitation class. James has a beard and is deadpan sarcastic.
- Extras: This film also requires extras for a bar scene and a house party scene. Any and all interested are welcome to help.
Compensation will be negotiable dependent on the responsibility of the role and the experience of the actor. I will try my best to somehow compensate everyone, but as I’ve just graduated from college myself, I can guarantee anything too extravagant.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please email your headshot and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.