MPI’s Student Filmmakers Looking to Cast Over Fifty Short Films
The Motion Picture Institute is hosting its 14th annual open auditions for roles in student films on Saturday, January 7th from 12:00pm – 4:00pm in Troy, MI. All Michigan area actors are invited to come and audition for over fifty student film projects. All ages and types needed. Experienced actors are preferred, but all levels are welcomed.
The Motion Picture Institute (MPI) is Michigan’s oldest and most reputable full-curriculum film trade school. For more than a decade, our graduates films have found success in the Independent film industry, on the film festival circuit, and gained nationwide distribution.
- MPI will supply your reads. Please advise us of any special skills/talents
- No sides/reads/scripts available in advance
- Dress is casual
- All minors must be accompanied by a parent
- You will be auditioning for several different student directors
- Individual directors will conduct call-backs
- All ages welcomed. All ethnicities/types welcomed
- Plan for long lines. Light refreshments provided, but keep this in mind especially if you are bringing children or have special needs.
- All Auditions are recorded
The Motion Picture Institute of Michigan, Inc. (MPI)
1116 E. Big Beaver Rd.
Troy, MI. 48083
On Big Beaver Road, East of Rochester Road. In the Troy Commerce Center.
NOTE: You can arrive early, but the doors will open at noon.
These are not paid roles.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying for this casting call just attend the open audition on Saturday, January 7th.
NOTE: If you have a professional resume and/or headshot and would like to be added to our database, please bring it with you. Auditioning also puts you in MPI’s talent database that is accessible to graduates and professional filmmakers.