Lakeland Players Auditions
Lakeland Players is holding auditions for their next production, “The Matchmaker”. Auditions will be held at Central United Methodist Church on February 13th & 15th, 2011 starting at 7:00 PM each night. Performances will he held on April 8th, 9th, 15th & 16th, 2011 at 8:00 PM.
Central United Methodist Church
3882 Highland Rd. (M-59)
Waterford, MI 48328
Set in Yonkers and New York City near the end off the nineteenth century, the action takes place in the course of a single day… and what action it is! Love makes the world go ’round, but a little money will grease the wheels – so proclaims canny marriage broker, Dolly Gallagher Levi. Engaged by rich, wife-seeking widower Horace Vandergelder, she artfully conspires to snag the man for herself and, in so doing, sets off a whirlwind of assorted missteps, mishaps, mistaken identities, and romantic entanglements that befall a dozen-or-so inter-related characters, each in their way primed to experience something new and invigorating in their lives.
- Horace Vandergelder: a Merchant of Yonkers
- Mrs. Dolly Gallagher Levi: a Friend of Vandergelder’s Late Wife
- Irene Molloy: a Milliner
- Minnie Fay: Mrs. Molloy’s Assistant
- Cornelius Hackl: a Clerk in Vandergelder’s Store
- Barnaby Tucker: an Apprentice in Vandergelder’s Store
- Miss Flora Van Husen: a Friend of Vandergelder”s Late Wife
- Malachi Stack
- Ambrose Kemper: an Artist
- Gertrude: Vandergelder’s Housekeeper
- Miss Van Husen’s Cook
- Rudolf: a Waiter
- Joe Scanlon: a Barber
- August: a Waiter
These are not paid roles.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying all you need to do is attend one of the auditions. If you have any questions about the show, contact Elaine Keinert at: email@example.com