GVSU Upper-Level Film Class Needs Talent
GVSU upper-level film class is looking for adult and child talent. This quirky comedy is entitled “Love Muffin” and follows the story of an unpopular nine year old girl who must make her dream boy fall in love with her. When she decides a love potion is the best way to win his heart, she chooses to deliver the potion baked into a muffin. However, collecting all the ingredients is a bit more challenging than she originally imagined. Filming will take place in the second and third weekends in November.
Casting Call Details:
Thursday, September 27 from 4:30pm to 7:30pm
Saturday, September 29 from 11:00am to 2:00pm
GVSU Devos Campus, Building E, Room 302.
Grand Rapids, MI
Thursday, October 4th from 5:00pm to 8:00pm
GVSU Devos Campus, Building C, room 107 (The University Club).
Grand Rapids, MI
- Jean: (Age 9-11) Jean is an optimistic nine year old girl. She doesn’t have many friends because on her way to school every day she accidentally steps in dog poop. She wants to win the affections of Brady, a boy in class who does not pay any attention to her, and she decides to do it by baking him a love muffin.
- Eve: (Age 12-16) Eve is Jean’s life coach. She thinks she knows all about life. Although, she is naive, the advice she gives Jean comes from a good place. She wants what’s best for Jean and enjoys having someone under her wing.
- Brady: (Age 9-11) Brady is a muscle-tee wearing mean boy in Jean’s class. He is also Jean’s love interest even though he has absolutely no feelings for her.
- Madame Tuzzolo: (Age 30-50) A mysterious gypsy pet-store owner who scams customers with unconvincing “magical” animals and potions.
- Mrs. Grubber: (Age 30-80) Jean and Brady’s teacher whose patience for Jean has worn thin.
Actors will be feed, but cannot be monetarily compensated.
How to Apply:
I you are interested in applying, please email your headshot and resume to Jessica Kean at: firstname.lastname@example.org