Casting Call for Actors in SE Michigan
“Lagged Out”, a comedy series about a would-be professional gamer and her coterie of misfits, is casting the following roles to be filmed late summer/early fall and early winter in Southeast Michigan. Auditions are Friday, July 20th from 6pm to 10pm at Quirk, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan.
- Nicole Symanski: 5’7” – 5’11”, 25ish female with a gaming obsession. She was an extraordinary pre-med student and has recently returned in disgrace from abroad, where she worked in electronic sports. She is now trying to work her way into the American electronic sporting scene while repairing her relationship with her brother. She can be aggressive, but is witty and charismatic.
- Hart Symanski: Fit, 5’8” – 6’3”, 25ish male nerd turned corporate manager. He has divorced himself from many of his past hobbies, including and especially video games, and wishes his sister would, too. Like his sister, he is quick-witted. Unlike her, he is overtly pragmatic and sagacious; his strives to end her obsession with video games and return her to the medical path.
- “Billy” Bucket: Moderately overweight 25ish male who does pharmaceutical research. He is indulgent and at times morose and thoroughly unsatisfied with his career and has a tendency towards escapism, and has a deadpan demeanor.
- Amy Freeman: Fit, late-20’s student-for-life out of academia for the first time in her life. She is aloof—and often drunk—and has a somewhat childlike deportment. Her breadth of knowledge can be staggering, and she has a deep love of trivia contests. Although she is approaching thirty, she is currently unemployed, having left before finishing her doctorate to move with Billy.
- Dave: Early 20’s illegal Canadian immigrant living in the US without employment. He has a secret criminal past, but is genuinely kind hearted. When dealing with video games and nerd culture, he is blatantly naïve and comically innocuous, yet there are times where he proves to be uncharacteristically street smart. He refuses to return to Canada because of his criminal history, and so turns to Nicole’s plan for lack of options.
- Kevin Pilgran: Nicole’s rival and is a 23ish, scrawny male. He has a successful regional electronic sporting team, some small endorsements, and an ego which overshadows his accomplishments. His life revolves around video games and training; he was a poor student until he dropped out of college to pursue gaming.
- Analise Gardner: Pretty, late teens female. She is a high-school dropout who joined Kevin’s team to exercise one of her few “marketable” skills. She is aggressive, lacks subtlety, and damn good at what she does (and she knows it). She is quick and competitive, and what she lacks in smarts she has double in hostility. She is a minor but reoccurring character.
These are not paid roles. Food will be provided on set. As well as actors will receive a copy of the material, credit on IMDB, as well as further compensation if the series does well.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, just attend the audition on July 20th. For questions about the audition or film, please email them to: email@example.com
NOTE: Auditions will consist of cold reads from the script. Please come with a headshot (or recent photo) resume and a prepared joke.