Casting Call: INTERFACE (a SAC 400 project)
Auditions are being held in Ann Arbor for the short film “Interface”. Looking to fill lead and minor roles. Filming will take place on weekends throughout November.
“Interface” is a 12 minute film about a society completely engulfed by technology. People’s attentions are not focused on the world around them, but on a new computer program that tells them how to live. It directs them in every aspect of their daily lives, and as a result, people are completely disconnected from reality. Our story focuses on one man who dares to think, and thus, transcends this collective state of mind and breeches into the unknown land of romance emotion and self expression.
Thursday, October 25th from 7:00pm to 10:00pm
Sunday, October 28th from 12:00pm to 3:00pm
University of Michigan
ISS Demo Room (2nd floor of the Modern Languages Building)
812 East Washington St
Ann Arbor, MI
- David: late twenties, good-looking in a normal sort of way. Perceptive and thoughtful. Tends to be disorganized. Around women, he can be rather clueless – but it makes him kind of charming. Naturally earnest and passionate, he’s never felt quite right living under the monotonous regulation of the computer device.
- Sarah: late twenties and beautiful, but doesn’t think anything of it. Totally devoted to her work and to her computer device. She’s rather emotionless, though not because she chooses to be – she simply doesn’t know of any other way. Though she does her best to ignore him, David finally manages to get under her skin and to upset the balance of her perfectly-regulated world.
- The Device: This “character” is simply a voice, to be recorded and used as the voice of the computer device. The voice must strike a balance between human and computer – in other words, to be able to deliver monotonous, computer-like lines with a human quality. The device must seem trustworthy, competent, friendly (think of Hal from 2001: A Space Odyssey).
- Chelsea: (Minor role) twenties, gentle and unassuming, David’s soon-to-be civil union partner. Fully acclimated to the regulation and control of her device, she lives her live quietly and without questioning a thing.
- Tom: (Minor role) late twenties/early thirties, David’s co-worker. Cares about one thing: doing the work he’s given each day, and not causing any trouble.
We cannot offer monetary compensation for this project.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please sign-up for an audition time slot here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApE9EQWKhjPWdFdva2VYUTNHOXZUNFEzZnNqWjJoZUE#gid=0
Any questions or concerns may be directed to Jackie Vresics (email@example.com) or Rajan Sosale (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NOTE: Walk-ins are welcome! Audition materials, including sides, are available in advance upon requests.