Extras Casting Call for “The Ides of March” (Detroit, Michigan)

“The Ides of March” Extra Casting

George Clooney will be in Michigan again filming his new movie “The Ides of March”. Clooney will both direct and star in the film. Other big names already cast for this film are Ryan Gosling and Evan Rachel Wood.

“The Ides of March” is scheduled to start filming in March. Ryan Hill is now casting actors and actresses in metro Detroit who would like to work as an extra on this film. These should be 1 day scenes, but they will be all day commitments if you would like to take part. This extras casting is open to Michigan residents 18 and older.

Plot:

The film is based on the play by Beau Willimon and is about an idealistic staffer for a newbie presidential candidate gets a crash course on dirty politics during his stint on the campaign trail.

Available Roles:

There will be many extras roles in “The Ides of March”. But, there will be a few days that require several hundred volunteers to help fill a couple of auditoriums and arenas.

Compensation:

These are paid roles.

How to Apply:

If you are interested in applying as an extra for this film please send your headshots and resume to: IoMExtras@gmail.com

NOTE: If are interested in the volunteer positions and would be willing to contribute 1 weekday (or more if you like) of your time please include “March Volunteer” in the subject line of your email.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

60 Responses to “Extras Casting Call for “The Ides of March” (Detroit, Michigan)”

1. Jennifer Minor says:

I’m definitely interested! I sent my headshot and resume to your email. :)

2. Luke Sawikci says:

I sent you my resume and headshot and I would love to be an extra in your successful film, The Ides Of March.”

Thanks

3. Sandy Anger says:

I am interested and would love to be a background actor again. I am sending my info to the mailbox today. I look forward to working with you! :)

4. Tom Trusco says:

Have experience in background acting in films and politics.Would like to be in “Ides of March”.Thanks.

5. Phil Patnaude says:

Do you have to be a Michigan Resident to be in the movie?

6. Anita Berger says:

I am interested in any part in “The Ides of March”

My resume is online on this website @ http://michiganacting.com/acting/acting-headshots/anita-berger

7. admin says:

With the exception of the volunteer positions, you must be a Michigan resident in order to apply.

8. norene camel says:

I’M INTERESTED IN “MARCH VOLUNTEER” AND I’M AVA. MONDAY-SUNDAY

9. Walter Lee says:

i will like to be an extra in George clooney’s new film please email me as asap and call me to as well

10. Robert j.Zeleji says:

I’ am interested in possibly being an extra. I have no acting experience but,I am willing to learn. I’am 58yrs, 6’4′ and i’am on ssdisability. Thank You

11. Suzy Hunt says:

I sent my Pics & Resume, would love to be an extra in your movie.

12. Joseph Lyman says:

I am deffinitly interested, I sent in my resume and headshot and would love to be considered for an extra role and even more so a featured role, I have no problem auditioning. Thank you.

13. Jason Wishman says:

i would be really interested in being an extra in the film. i am from west michigan and am 34 years old and 5’5″. i can send a head shot but what would you want for a resume? i have no acting experience but would be avaliable at any time because i have not been able to have a job due to a work related injury since 2004.

14. Michael and Mary Toll says:

Hello:

Feel free to contact us anytime for the opportunity to be volunteers and/or extras. We are 50 and 63 yrs of age, healthy and have family in Fraser to stay with should you need us.

Respectfully,
    The Tolls

15. Christine Tarvenier, Angel Thomas + Samantha Stewart says:

We would love to assist as volunteers for you. All three of us are a family unit of 3. (2 adults; 1 child if possible)

16. Diane Estabrook says:

Never have acted but interested in trying. Have had a really tough year and really need something positive in my life. Willing to do the volunteer thing but would love to try and would really appreciate something that pays. Don’t have a “headshot photo” but have been told I am not so bad to look at.

17. Jason J. Hellenthal says:

I am a MI resident, have a PIC, and have sent that out to the address above. I do not think my resume would apply but for what I do already as a career wouldn’t be any different than acting.

Good Luck with the film…

Regards,
    J

18. Sandy Coonan says:

Resume and headshots have been emailed to you. Looking forward to being part of this film. Thank you!

19. Bonnie Timiney says:

Well, Mr Clooney:
    I am sure you will get an abundant number of callers for your movie..This State is in desparate need of a boost that is for sure..
    God Bless you for coming our way and much luck with casting
    Sincerely a Fan
    P.S. I was a fan of your Mother (Rosemary) too.. hee hee (That’s how old I am)
    Bonnie Timiney :)

20. Peggy Snell says:

Will be sending headshot and resume. I have been an extra in various movies and had a great time every time. Look forward to working on this project. Thank you.

21. Suzan Vorpagel says:

So you have to have acting experience to be an extra? I have no headshot except ones taken by family and friends etc… Also I work in the auto industry. Can I still apply?

22. Ken Johnson says:

I would very much like to be considered for extra casting. I’ve sent you my head shot and contact info. i’ve done comedy as well as “bad guy” roles

23. admin says:

Susan,

No you do not need to have any previous experience. All that is required is that you are responsible, on-time and can follow directions.

If you do not have a professional headshot, a standard photo is fine.

24. denise brown says:

when is the deadline for the resume and headshot

25. admin says:

An official deadline is not available, but extra casting should be open for at least a few months. Specific dates, roles, age requirements, locations, wardrobe, etc. are not even available yet.

26. Mel says:

I have a family member who is a huge drama queen, out of work and thinks that she should be famous. Im known as the comedian of the family but when it comes down to it, I think she tops the cake. We seem to get the biggest kicks out of her stories and drama in which she experiences daily. If you need assistance in contacting her, please feel free to email me. I would be glad to make this dream of hers a reality, since reality has slipped away from her brain:)
    I purchased a sweatshirt that reads “Drama Queen” for her as a joke last year and she wears it with pride.
    I would love to buy her one this year that says “Super Star”
    LOL!
    Good Luck with your production, GC is awesome!

27. tommy says:

hi, i sent my resume and a couple pics of me, not professional pics, i don’t have any acting backround, but i know i would be good on camera and im very interested.. i do reside in michigan and hope that you will consider me for “the ides of march” thank you

28. Debbie Fry says:

I am interested in volunteering I am available on Thurs. & Fri….I would love to be an extra however I don’t have a head shot.

Please contact me. I am going to try and send picture also.

29. Megan says:

Very interested :) Sounds like a ball!

30. Joe says:

Lets try this again. I am interested in being cast in a role. If Mr. Clooney is interested in casting a local actor please let me know.

31. Mark Holden says:

Yes Iam interested in being apart of the cast. Iam 64 years old and look like someone
    who would be in politics.

32. Leannette B says:

I’ve submitted my head shots and resume for your Extras consideration, already. How very exciting the opportunity of possibly working on this upcoming film project!

33. Lynn G. says:

Would love to be an extra in this film. I will submit a head shot ,but I have no resume as I have only played an extra in one film to date in Gross Pointe, MI last spring. Loved it!! I am available in the evenings or weekends only as unfortunately I have to work a regular job to pay the bills! Can’t wait to hear from you!

34. Leni Cavaletto says:

Have submitted head shots and resume’.

Sincerely hope you will be casting at least a few extras over the age of 50.
    Thanks, Leni

35. Pam Solomon says:

Would love to be an extra in this film. I am a HUGE fan of Geoge and I love politics. I have a very flexible schedule. So this sounds like fun.

I think you will enjoy making this movie in Michigan. Beautiful state and very friendly people.

36. kerrie says:

Do volunteers get paid for there time also, or just extras roles.

37. admin says:

Kerrie,

Just extras roles are paid.

– MA

38. Felicia Nathan says:

When will we get more info to be an extra in the movie?

39. Eleanor Nuar says:

I would love to get any part in any of these great movies, especially “Ides of March”. Let me know if you do not receive my e-mail (with resume and head shot) and phone no.

40. Sue Allen says:

I am very interested in a part of any kind in your film. I am available evenings and weekends. I have submitted a picture but haven’t work anything like this so no resume for acting but would love get some extra work. Hope you need people of my age.

41. Ajit Mahida says:

Available for this and any other similar projects.

Very interested, coming from Mumbai’s Bollywood.
    Recall: Anil Kapoor in 24 series and Slumdog Millionaire.

Enjoy watching: Outsourced – On NBC

Have lived in Mumbai’s Marine Drive area similar to Art Deco District in South Beach Miami. Grew up in the film capital of India and most famous movie location area in Bollywood.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank You.

Sincerely,

Ajit Mahida
    (586)535-5454

42. Venita Yvette says:

I would love to be a part of this film.

43. Michelle says:

Very interested in getting my feet wet again in acting. I’ve been out of it since 2003. Lifes dream was to win an Oscar. Hopefully by the time I’m 80 I will have one. I will email my info and pics. Thank you :)

44. Greg Gordon says:

Available any day anytime.
    Willing to provide bio & head shots.

45. Denise McGee says:

I’d like to be considered as an extra for this project. I’m willing to volunteer too. Please let me know how to send head shot and any needed info. Thanks for the opportunity.

46. david khoury says:

yes Iam inerested in Volunteering Iam available 7 day” s a week

47. David Smigelski says:

I would be interested in being considered for an extra for this movie. Any information needed will be provided upon request.

48. darla says:

i would like to be an extra. 48yo female, no head shot-just think it would be fun.

49. joe turby says:

i would like to be considered as an extra….even if it is only volunteer for march. can provide any information that you need.

50. Cecily Meyer says:

Hi,
    I am trying to send my email, but I received an error message that says the email account is over its quota. Are you still looking for volunteers/extras? If so, how else can I send my information?

Thanks!