Movie Casting & Crew Call
“I Remember Yesterday” is short film about Mary Lapinsky, who has seen a lot in her life. Born in 1921, she was in her 20s when the world was at war. Since then, our society has gone through a lot of changes. Now, Mary is almost 90 years old. Although she vividly remembers her early days, she seems to forget what is going on around her and does have difficulties participating in present day activities. Her body does not seem to be connected to her mind. We usually call this state “dementia”.
With our movie we want to honor those people, who have contributed to making this country what it is today. And, at the same time, we try to relate our audience to how these men and women might feel nowadays.
- Mary Lapinsky – in her early 20s
Should look like a younger Version of our “90-yr-old” Mary Lapinsky (who is about to be selected on Wed. 8/11) Polish ancestry, therefore a rather polish look is prefered! Acting skills are required!
- Nancy – in her 40s (Mary’s Caregiver)
Nancy is Mary’s Granddaughter and is taking Care of her on a regular Basis. Should have a nice apearance and personality, be a caring nature and be savvy of living in the 21st century. Acting skills are required!
- John – in his 20s (Mary’s husband)
A young man, who’s apperance is appropriate to the 30s/40s,handsome, Polish ancestry as well, should have acting skills!
- Johnny – 1-3 years old (Mary’s son)
A child, that is not shy of hanging out around strangers in front of a camera!
- A Pastor who is able to perform an impressive speech in front of a large audience
- A Delivery Man, who is submitting a telegram.
- Seniors at the Senior Center – Mary’s friends
- Tom – in his 40s (Nancy’s Husband)
Does not have any Lines.
- Children at a Birthday Party (5-7 years)
- Travelers and Passengers at the Airport
- Pedestrians in a Park
- Guests at a Restaurant
- Patients in the Waiting Room
- Seniors at the Senior Center
- Pedestrians in a crowded and busy street
- Women working at a Factory
- Guests at a 1930s Diner
- Visitors at a 1940s Funeral
- Honor Guards at a 1940s Funeral
- WW2 Soldiers and their Wives and Kids in the 1940s
- Music production
- Production Manager
- Hair & Make-up
Locations & Props:
- A Hospital
- A Doctor’s Office
- A Cemetery
- A Train Station with a 1940s Train
- A Restaurant
- Airport Baggage Claim Area
- A History Museum
- Nancy’s House with yard
- Mary’s House with front yard
- A 1930s Style Diners
- A 1940s Assembly Line Factory
- 1930s and 1940s Clothing
- WW2 Uniforms for soldiers
- Nancy’s Car
- A black/brown WW2 Military Car
How to Apply:
This casting is closed. We would like to thank everyone who applied.
Extras casting is still open. Details on how to apply as an extra can be found here.