Cold Read Auditions for Actors
Casting actors for the non-union short film, “Hold It”. Auditions are being held on October 24th in Grand Rapids, MI. Shooting for “Hold It” is scheduled for November 13th and 14th, at a location yet to be decided.
Rick, a man in urgent need to use the bathroom while watching a movie at the theater with his girlfriend is thrown for a loop when a theater employee hinders his ability to make it the bathroom in time. When Rick eventually enters the room, only the middle urinal is open. He then must make a choice…
Wednesday, October 24th from 5:00pm to 9:00pm
Compass College of Cinematic Arts
41 Sheldon Blvd
Grand Rapids, MI
- Rick: (Lead, Male) Mid to late 20s, average height and weight. Rick is a goofy guy who loves life; he’s prideful but not self-indulgent.
- The Jerk: (Male) The Theater rival. Early 30s, average height. The jerk is hard to get along with, wears collared polo’s one size too small, very egotistical.
- Theater Employee: (Male) Early 20s, unhappy at work, hates customers.
- Lisa: (Female) Mid to late 20s, too good looking for Rick, but she loves him, a little on the strange side, happy with life.
- The Fat Man: (Bit Part, Male) Mid 20s, overweight and shaggy.
There will not be any pay, or compensation for travel. There will be crafty for both days; cast and crew will be well fed. The shoot will be very fun, we’re all laid back and easy to get along with, prepare for some good laughs. Cast will receive a DVD copy of the film.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please email you headshot and resume to: Alexie.Schneider@compass.edu
NOTE: The auditions will be a cold read. Please put “I’ve gotta pee!” in the subject box.