Open Auditions for Lead Roles and Extras
Red Swan Films is currently casting actors for lead roles and extras for the pilot episode of “Hard Drive”. Open auditions will be held on September 7th at the Embassy Suites in Livonia.
Wednesday, September 7th from 10:00 am till 9:00 pm.
Embassy Suites (Diplomat Conference Room)
19525 Victor Parkway
Livonia, MI 48152
Hard Drive is written with the intention of being a cable series. It’s the story of a brilliant technology designer who is courted by a company to help them roll out the latest greatest personal electronic device. From the moment he begins contact with the company he is plunged into a world of corporate espionage, government conspiracy, sexual black mail, personal demons and murder.
- DAVID ALLMAN: (Main Character) David is a programmer and designer. Basically a principled guy, but easily manipulated. Eager to do something that will leave a legacy. Mother deceased and father blames him for not being there to help, because David was at school finishing his master’s project. This is why he is driven to achieve something of importance, professionally and personally. Is determined to prove that an individual can become successful without compromising ethics, but measures this success chiefly by recognition and wealth. Considers himself shrewd, but is in reality easily outmatched. When he is uncomfortable in his environment, he forces himself to behave in an overly confident manner, which often comes off as forced and transparent. Basically a walking contradiction in spite of his brilliance.
- IAN SPENCER: Ian is the owner of SoftCorps. He is the main antagonist in the story. He should be older, possibly late 40’s to early 50’s. Distinguished, attractive, corporate GQ type. He needs to have a commanding presence on screen. He comes across as likeable and genuine, but is very much in command, and very much up to something.
- JAMES ALLMAN: James is David’s father. Late 50’s to early 60’s (depending on who is cast for David.) Gruff and seemingly distant and unemotional, James has never forgiven David for not coming to see his mother before she died. During this episode, he must seem cold and detatched from David, but deeply caring about Beth. Later in the series, he will become more apreciative of David when the benefits of David’s job provide him with legal and financial resources that are very much needed.
- RICHARD LOGAN: Richard Logan is the main NSA contact for he project. His attitude is less that of the typical bureaucrat and more of a field agent, cold, calculating and distrustful of what he is told until he sees it for himself. He is the person that Ian takes direction from, but he himself obviously has to answer to others. For this reason, he is adamant that things be done to his satisfaction, regardless of the cost. Male, undetermined race, late 30’s to late 40’s.
- DETECTIVE MARCUS BROOKES: Detective Marcus Brookes has Claire identify David’s body in the first scene. This character could really be played by an actor of any race, but the initial vision is an African American male in his late 30’s to late 40’s, rather a large, imposing character. This role has only a limited number of lines in the pilot.
- JACK: Jack is the man who is trying to pick up Alex at the bar. He is attractive, but too full of himself to really be impressive. He is, in short, a typical scumbag trying to nail someone at the bar, and will say or do anything to appear more prestigeous. When dismissed without regard, he can’t believe someone didn’t want him.
- PAT LAWSON: Pat Lawson is a lab technician at Softcorps. Pat is working directly on IT. Pat is only involved in the one scene where David is confronted about being in the lab. The geneder of the roll is still undetermined, but the initial concept is a white male in his late 20’s, somewhat small framed, will be played as a little nerdy and self important. Almost as if exacting revenge on those who taunted him growing up, now that he has a small amount of authority he let’s it go to his head.
- MATT GRAVES: Morgue attendant. Could be played many ways since the role is minor, but the initial concept is to make him somewhat formidable. Potentially gruff or possibly even criminal looking, his appearance will help set a more uneasy tone for the audience right from the start.
- CLAIRE ALLMAN: Claire Allman is David Allman’s wife. Late 20’s to early 30’s. Claire is sweet, gentle, and seemingly innocent. She should have a very “girl next door” look. Attractive, but not flashy. She is pregnant with thier first child. High voice with almost a “student” quality about her, Claire needs to be played as very innocent.
- ALEX SPENCER: Alex is married to Ian Spencer, owner of Softcorps. Mid 30’s to early 40’s. She is a very attractive, very asserive woman, with a deep desire to please her husband and advance their project, and is willing to do anything it takes to make it happen. She is capable of acting with little or no conscience to further these goals. NOTE: This role requires nudity and involves a simulated sex scene
- BETH ALLMAN: David’s mother. Late 50’s to early 60’s. Dying of an unnamed disease, and is in a hospice center. In spite of David’s protestations, she does not want him to come to be with her for the end. His coming to say goodbye will re-enfoce the reality that she is dying. Instead she makes the excuse that she wants him to stay in school and do something great. She will only appear in one scene in the pilot.
- GINA: Gina is Ian Spencer’s administraitive assistant. She should be attractive and, since she is playing an executive level admin, likely in her early 30’s to early 40’s. Personable, yet professional.
- NURSE: The nurse will only appear briefly to check on Beth and offer apologies to James after Beth pases. Should be attractive, at least late 20’s. Has to convey a warm atmosphere while having very little screen time.
- EXTRAS: Age 18+, open ethnicity.
At this time, since this is a spec project pilot (i.e. done on my own dime) the roles are not compensated outside of credit and a copy for your demo reel. However, I also do photography and retouching, and would be happy to provide new shots for those who would like them, free of charge.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please attend the open audition on September 7th. For questions about this casting call please email them to Phil at: email@example.com
NOTE: Please bring resume if you have one. This is a non SAG production.