Casting Actors for Lead & Supporting Roles
“Grandpa’s Gun” is casting actors for lead and supporting roles for their upcoming short film. The film will be shooting in metro Detroit the last two weekends in June 2011. Auditions will be held on May 7th at the Motion Picture Institute in Troy, Michigan.
Grandpa’s Gun is a short film about organized crime in the vain of “A Bronx Tale” but with family at the center. Louie Lepitrone is hard working kid who is struggling to support his alcoholic mother. He regularly helps his sharp witted grandfather who pays him back with little trinkets and toys from his youth. One day Louie gets an old gun from his grandfather and before he knows it, his life is turned upside down.
- Leonardo Lepitrone (Lead) – Caucasian Male 18-25 yo – Louie is a bright kid with a promising future. He takes care of his grandfather and ailing mother. He has a heart of gold but his morals will be tested.
- Tony DeSoto (Supporting) – Caucasian Male 50’s – The current mob boss of the family. He is a wise cracking gangster. He is seeking revenge for the death of his father. All he needs is the right intel and he has the ability to rain hell.
- Jessica (Supporting) – Caucasian Female 18-25 yo – Jessica is a sparky, strong-willed girl. She gets involved a little more deeply than anticipated and will have to step up when the time is right.
- Nicky “The Fist” DeSoto (Supporting) – Caucasian Male 50’s – Nicky is an old school mob boss who was in charge of a large crime syndicate in Detroit.
- Louie’s Mom (Supporting) – Caucasian Female 40’s – An alcoholic who spends most of her day drinking and sleeping. She raised Louie alone.
- Uncle Phil (Supporting) – Caucasian Male 50’s – A tough-as-nails, old school tough guy. Blue collar, everyman on the outside but with a dark secret on the inside.
- The Hitman (Victor) (Supporting) – Male 25-50 yo – A large dark figure who kills first and asks questions later.
- Bobby (Supporting) – Male 30-40 yo – A lab tech who works at the police department. He has a secret that could ruin his career in more ways than one.
- Female Officer (Supporting) – Female 30-40 yo – A pretty police woman.
- Tony’s Girlfriend (Supporting) – Female 18-35 yo – Model type. A beautiful woman with a great physique. She is the girlfriend of a mob boss.
There is no compensation for the roles but we will be hitting the festival circuit and hope to land some interest from investors for the feature film.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please email your headshot and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Please include the role you are interested in applying for in the subject line of your email. A specific audition time will be setup once you have applied via email.