Casting Call for Actors and Extras
A casting call for the original, award winning play “Family Ties” will be taking place next week in Ypsilanti, MI. They are looking for actors, extras and stage crew. A professional camera crew will be filming the show.
Abandoned by his father and mother, Darnel struggles to find happiness through the evil pleasures of the world. In the midst of Darnel’s pursuit he takes his protective, good doing cousin (Darius) and caring aunt (Sherry) along for the ride. After uncovering the root to his failures there’s light under the tunnel.
This play is a journey of hardships, forgiveness, redemption and of course family.
Tuesday, July 24th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Wednesday, July 25th from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Rave Motion Pictures
4100 Carpenter Road
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
NOTE: The location is a movie theater with the cross streets Carpenter and Ellsworth. Once you get inside you will go down the hallway to your left.
- Lisa: 35-50…Lisa is the mother of Darnel and younger sister of Sherry. Lisa is an alcoholic, solemn, and selfish. She is overcome with hurt because her husband (Walter) leaves her for another woman. (Very Dramatic Role)
- Carla: 17-26 (must be able to pass for a high school student) She is beautiful, vibrant, sassy, and really into church. She is the love interest of Darius and strongly dislikes his need to protect Darnel. (Any Race)
- Charles: 35-50…Charles is Darnel’s father. He is self centered, arrogant, and smooth talking. He’s the type of guy that has gotten through life with his charm.
- Young Darius and Darnel: 8-13 These are the lead characters when they are children. They are normal fun loving kids. (Young Darnel will need to be able to carry an emotional scene. ONE OF THE CHILDREN ROLES ARE FILLED BUT ONE IS STILL AVAILABLE)
- Rayanna: 17-26 (must be able to pass for a high school student) Rayanna is a girl that Darnel is interested in that looks like she stepped straight out of a rap video with her curves. She gets an attitude as she gets in the middle of a fight involving Darnel. (Only in 1-2 scenes)
- Extras: Anyone who would like to be extras to play police officers, church service members and school kids.
- Stage Crew: Anyone that would like to help out backstage or interested in being an assistant director/stage manager feel free to send your contact information and experience to the email listed below
We are also accepting understudies for the following roles:
- Darius: LEAD ROLE 17-26 (must be able to pass for a high school student)Darius is the type of guy that’s loved by parents and admired by his peers. He is a star athlete, smart, and has a presence that commands respect. His only vice is that he will do almost anything to help his cousin (Darnel) even if it means he could into trouble as a result.
- Darnel: LEAD ROLE 17-26 (must be able to pass for a high school student) Darnel is bitter/mad at the world that he felt abandoned him because his parents left forcing him to live with his aunt (Sherry). Darnel does what he wants to do when he wants to do it often times hiding his hurt and good heart.
- Sherry: LEAD ROLE 35-50…Sherry is very giving, kind, protective, and commands respect from others. She is the mother of Darius and the aunt of Darnel. She deals with her troubles through her faith in God.
- Marcus: 17-26 (must be able to pass for a high school student) Marcus is Darnel’s best friend. He feels like all he has is his respect from others and he will do anything to hold on to it. He has no fear so there’s no limitations as to what he’s capable of doing.
NOTE: With the exception of Carla and Rayanna all major roles are for African Americans. All ethnicities are welcome to be extras.
All speaking roles are paid a small fee per performance.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please email your headshot and resume to: email@example.com