Open Audition for Independent Short Film
There will be an open audition for an independent short film, by an African filmmaker, for the festival circuit. Auditions will be held on Sunday, June 10th at 1:00pm in Metro Detroit.
- African Intellectual: A young, African intellectual from Africa (Zambia), who is somewhat removed from the vicious circle of poverty and the African elites to which he belongs that are fueling the problem. Must be able to speak with an African accent.
- Executive: A world-weary American Caucasian male executive that has some very definite ideas about what is right and wrong with the people and continent of Africa, whose heart is in the right places, but is not afraid of being rude.
- Caucasian Male: (small speaking part)
- African American or African: Must be able to speak with African accent. (small speaking part)
- Airport Travelers: Looking for a variety of actors age 18 and up to be apart of the background setting in an airport. (non speaking)
- 2 Airline Clerks: Female, ages 18 to 35 (small speaking part)
- 1 Airline Clerk: Male, ages 18 to 35 (non speaking)
The auditions are unpaid, and will be videotaped. The copyrighted script will be provided in advance, which must be returned. Releases are required. The actors whom are given call-backs will be paid a day rate of $50 for 1-2 hours of shooting. Two to three days of shooting are anticipated.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume and headshot to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: Auditions will be held on Sunday June 10th at 1pm. Upon applying and if selected you will receive the audition location details.