Burning Holmes Films Auditions for Lansing Film
BURNING HOLMES FILMS will be holding set time auditions this Saturday July 31st from 10am to 5pm at an office park in Lansing, Michigan. Auditions are for the non-union short film – “DETROIT RIDERS”. Filming will take place on August 14th and 15th – 21st and 22nd – 27th and 28th.
“DETROIT RIDERS” is a action genre film,this short film will be used in part as an investment package to raise capital and distribution for a fulllength version of the script. DETROIT RIDERS is a hard core biker movie. Attached to the project are Rashad Evans (UFC WORLD CHAMPION) for the role of BALLER and possibly other name talent we have in the works. This will hopefully be a sag certified project, therefore there will be a
chance for principal actors and extras to receive there sag card from this project.
Pay will be as such; deferred sag scale rate pay for all actors, credit, copy, small gas allowance and of course food/water on the set.
How to Apply:
Since we are not holding an open call, (so actors will not have to stand in a line for hours)we would like to have headshots and resumes to speed up the process.
Please send your headshots and resume along with if you have acting reel links to you tube and send them to; BURNINGHOLMESFILMS@ME.COM.
In the subject line please list the characters name you are submitting too, agents are welcome for submissions. If we choose you for the auditon we will send you sides for the reading and a time for appointment.
NOTE: Please bring a headshot and resume to audition.
- MIKEY-caucasian- mid to late 30`s-under 6ft tall only-Mikey is the leads best friend, he is ex-military and a biker. He is a nice guy biker with his head on straight, trys to sway the lead of the film from going down the
wrong road (must be able to ride a harley and not be afraid of guns).
- BALLER –african amercian (lead) late 20`s this will be rashad evans understudy/stand in, must be 5,11`inches tall and weigh 200-210. And must look little like Rashad. we will use you for the stand in details and for the long shots on the motorcycle shots and other shots. Must be able to ride a motorcyle and do fight choregraphy stunts.
- BRICK- African American-late 20`s-ballers right hand man- hard core, when you him, you look down, very intimidating look, tall, short, big, muscular, whatever, just be scary looking.
- GEEZER- late 50`s-caucasian- supporting-geezer is the leads old biker gang leader, old school, shaved head, tats, old harley shirt and color. Takes no shit from no one cuz he is old and ornary.
- GIOVANI-caucasian-late 50`s-suppourting role- Italian mob boss, or not Italian, whatever works get creative her. endures power, very straight forward attitude.
- BACON AND TANK- Caucasian- late 20`s- re-occurring role- large and I mean tall huge white boys, these are Detroit rider soldiers, when u look at them u should be scared.
- PREPPY GUY-late 20`s-caucasian- re-occurring role- clean cut white boy, gotta like a Harvard grad, stuffy country club guy.
- 3-BALD HEAD CAUCASIANS`-early 20`s-re-occurring role. bald head, clean cut or goatee, tattoos a plus, think dirty skinheads. They work at the leads business for him.
- Valet guy- day player-early to late 20`s-open race-comedic timing a must-fast talking new Yorker what the f… attitude.
- 4 bouncers- Caucasian- 20`s to 40`s age range-large football type club bouncer- 3-4 lines, -4 scenes.
- 12-Detroit soldiers- 20`s to 40`s- 2 scenes, must have police or military training with firearms- will be covered head to toe in swat gear we have Detroit swat and lansing swat on board for these scenes you will
be working with them.
1. Second camera DP position with his own 1st ac we have all the camera equipment, if u have camera acc that would work with a canon 5d mark2 please bring.
2. Sound department with his own gear (independent sound mixer/ recorder/boom mic and 2 wireless mics)and assistant.
3. Lighting department with his own lighting equipment and assitant, we have some lighting but need more.
How to Apply for a Crew Position:
We say your own assistant to make your working environment more comfortable for you if you do not have or cannot find one we can supply someone for you.
These are paid positions. Which will be needed all 6 days.
Obviously we do not need the crew to show up to the auditions, please send a resume and a link to your work.
For any questions contact Tim or Nicole Holmes at; email@example.com