PTD Productions will Hold Open Auditions
PTD Productions is holding open auditions for the production of “Christmas Belles” by Jessie Jones, Nicholas Hope and Jamie Wooten. Roles for 7 women and 4 men are available. Auditions will be held on Sunday, September 25th and Monday, September 26th at 7:00pm in Ypsilanti, MI. Callbacks will be held on Tuesday, September 27th if necessary. Show dates are December 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 15th, 16th and the 17th.
Open Audition Details:
Sunday, September 25th and Monday, September 26th at 7:00pm
Riverside Arts Center
76 N. Huron Street
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
NOTE: Auditions will consist of cold readings from the script.
About the Show:
It’s Christmas-time in the small town of Fayro, Texas. the Futrelle Sisters are not exactly in a festive mood. Frankie is weeks overdue with her second set of twins. Twink is in jail for inadvertently burning down half the town. And hot-flash-suffering Honey Raye is desperately trying to keep the Tabernacle of the Lamb’s Christmas Program from spriraling into chaos. The celebrity guest Santa Claus is passing a kidney stone. One of the shepherds refuses to watch over the flock without pulling his little red wagon. And the entire cast is suffering from food poisoning. The hilarious holiday journey through a misadventure-filled Christmas Eve is guaranteed to bring joy to your world!
- Miss Geneva Musgrave: Somewhere between 50 and death, is the crusty owner of the town flower shop. She is also the local town gossip, if you want something to be spread easy as melted butter talk to Geneva.
- Honey Raye Futrelle: 50ish, oldest Futrelle sister, sexy, vivacious go-getter, who is “enjoying” the wonderful world of menopause.
- Gina Jo (G.J.) Dubberly: Frankie and Dub’s daughter, 20’s guileless and enthusiastic, she is your typical Daisy Duke sort of girl. Loves the life she currently lives and loves her family more than life itself.
- John Curtis Buntner: 35-55, deputy sheriff, loves the ladies just as much as he loves his donuts and coffee.
- Twink Futrelle: Middle Futrelle sister, 40’s – the “black sheep,” she is loud and so is her style, she is very sexy and not scared to show off a little skin to get what she needs, she is the toughest of the sisters.
- Dub Dubberly: Frankie’s husband, 40’s your typical trailer park husband, life revolves around nascar, hunting, and drinking beer. He love his wife more than he may show.
- Frankie Futrelle Dubberly: Youngest Futrelle sister, 40’s, pregnant with her 2nd set of twins, she is the most normal of the sisters but still out there, she is a wonderful mother and if full of wit.
- Rhonda Lynn Lampley: 50’s, flashy manager of The Dairy Dog, there is a secret about her, and likes to do whatever it takes to try to fit in. She is a chameleon, copies what is around her. She is a cross between Martha Stewart and Paula Dean.
- Justin Waverly: 20’s, interim Pastor at the Tabernacle of the Lamb, very sweet and innocent, doesn’t like confrontation and is in love with GJ.
- Raynerd Chisum: (adult male) part-time employee at The Dairy Dog, life in his world is very simple, and there is always a place for his little red wagon. He is slow in his thoughts and speech but he always speaks from the heart.
- Patsy Price: 40-60, elegant society matron, she is a high class–well as high as you can get in a trailer park– she is never wrong, and knows everything there is to know about the whole existence of mankind.
These are not paid roles.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying just attend the open audition on one of the two dates. For more information or if you have any questions contact Dennis at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Janet at: email@example.com