Wayne State Student Film Auditions
Looking for passionate and serious actors for roles in a short film produced by Wayne State students. The story is about grifters, who use their wits to pull off a con. But as con men, can they really be loyal to each other? McAllister’s explores that very question.
Tuesday October 9th from 10:00am to 2:00pm
Saturday, October 13th from 3:00pm to 8:00pm
Sunday, October 14th from 12:00pm to 6:00pm
Tuesdays audition will in room 277 in the Wayne State Student Center
Saturday’s and Sunday’s audition will be on the 4th floor of Old Main, on Wayne State’s Campus. Look for the signs when you get off the elevator. Old main is the large building on the SouthWest corner of Cass and Warren ave.
- Jackson Halliday: Mid to late twenties, slightly neurotic conman, athletic build. Slightly inexperienced in the world of grifting.
- Napoleon White: Age 45 –60. Sweet talking conman. Quick-witted and cool, Napoleon is an experienced crook and knows what he is doing at all times.
- Grace McAllister: Age 20-30 Small town waitress. All American and wife of Mr. McAllister.
- Mr. McAllister: Age 25-35 athletic build. Owner of diner, friendly business man.
- Cop: Age 30-40. Authority figure.
- Well Dressed Man: Age 30-50 Is an intellectual, knows a lot about violins.
These roles are not paid. Since we are on a limited budget, we are putting our finances towards other production needs. Please note that food will be provided on all days of shooting and credit will be given to all who participate.
How to Apply:
Please bring headshots and resumes with you to the audition. We’ll have you do a cold read straight from the script. Auditions shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes and will be taped. Auditions are by appointment. To set up an audition time, please send an email to: ET8210@wayne.edu
NOTE: Walk ins are welcome. Just know that those with appointments will take priority, and you may be asked to wait. If there is a last-minute issue with your audition time, or you are lost, please feel free to contact us at either 407-463-3287 or 248-875-3856.