Casting 2 horror shorts for feature film from the producers of Zombie Apocalypse: Redemption
“I Love You To Death” (one of six segments) is a “be careful what you wish for” tale with a twist. When high schooler Brian casts a love spell on the girl of his dreams, he unwillingly sends his life into a deadly downward spiral. “I Love You To Death” will be shot Aug 2nd – 7th.
“From Above” (one of six segments) is about a man, James, who has the misfortune of having an alien land on his roof in the middle of the night. While investigating, the alien attacks him and starts using him to build a space beacon in his garage. All of this is unbeknownst to James’s wife Jenny, who grows more and more concerned as it becomes apparent that her husband – and the rest of the men in the neighborhood – have all started to behave very strangely. “From Above” will be shot in late August.
Sunday, July 31st from 10:00am – 6:00pm
26018 W. Seven Mile Road
Redford, MI, 48240
NOTE: Please enter through the back door. The Open Audtion is running from 10:00am to 6:00pm, stop by when you can.
- James: (ALREADY CAST) Male, 20s-30s. He was a good, loving husband before an alien latched onto his face and reprogrammed his brain.
- Jenny: Female, 20s-30s. She’s the emotional heart and soul of the story. She loves her husband, James, so naturally she’s concerned when he starts acting very strangely.
- Hank: Male, 30s-40s, burly. His relationship with James and Jenny doesn’t pass for more than neighborly acquaintance – until he shows up at James’s garage door, ready to help him build something for reasons he can’t quite understand. Hank is the brawn to James’s brains.
- Vicki: Female, 30s-40s. She serves as the tragic foreshadowing to what appears to be Jenny’s fate. No lines but screen time in a key scene.
- Billy: Male, around 10-12. He’s seen at first with his sister, towing her in a wagon through the neighborhood. When he’s next seen, his wagon has been refilled with pilfered machine parts. He’s a gopher on the build team, bringing them parts throughout the day/evening of the build.
- Extras: Also casting various male neighbors! All of whom are helping bring what appears to be junk over to the garage.
“I Love You To Death”
- Brian: Caucasian male, 19-late 20s to look like high schooler. Kind of awkward and shy, he longs for a girlfriend.
- Bully: Male, 19-late 20s to look like high schooler, big or athletic football player. Obnoxious jock who likes to pick on Brian.
- Lori: female 40s-50s. Single friend of Brian’s mom, one liner with screen time. Librarian: female 40s and up. Works at the high school. She’s very matter-of-fact.
- Extras: Also casting several important one liners and extras. Male and Female in their late teens to early 20’s, to play high schoolers.
No pay, but copy, credit and IMDb credit for actors.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying please attend the open audition. Actors should bring a headshot and resume, and be ready to do some cold reading. No need to reply, just come on out!
If you do have questions please email them to: email@example.com