Casting Call for Short Film “The New Year”
Casting actors for a 15 minute 16mm color film to be shot by University of Michigan students. Auditions will be held next Saturday and Sunday in Ann Arbor, MI. Shooting is tentatively scheduled for weekends during March, but are flexible based on the talent’s schedule.
Saturday, February 18th from 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Sunday, February 19th from 1:00pm to 5:00pm
ISS Media Center Demo Room – Room # 2001
Modern Languages Building
812 East Washington Street Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109
- Emily Turner (17): Spirited and outspoken, but also inexperienced, Emily is a “good kid” whose sheltered worldview is threatened by her parents’ troubled marriage.
- Alan Turner (40-57): Emily’s shy, professorial dad. Alan’s modest and likeable demeanor masks a complicated character.
- Katherine Turner (37-50): Emily’s willful, ambitious, and overbearing mom. She is silently struggling with Alan’s infidelity, and bitterly aware that Emily prefers her father.
- Billy (28-32): A rocker whose dreams haven’t come true. He’s thinking of “selling out.” Emily picks him up in a bar.
- Daisy (27-30): Alan’s PhD student and mistress.
- William (35-55): Katherine’s slick, bachelor boss.
- Seth (16-18): A classmate and romantic interest to Emily. He’s intimidated by her sexual advances.
These are not paid roles.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please email your head shot and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org