Casting Actors for Dark Comedy Film
Looking for a variety of actors for a feature-length dark comedy being shot in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The title of the movie is “A Lonely, Pathetic, Frightened, Insecure, Immature, and Ignorant Young Man”. The tentative shooting schedule is from August 24th to September 9th, 2012, but is subject to change.
The story is of a 30-year old man still living at home with his parents struggling to take the first steps of becoming an adult. The main character, Dave Sanderson, has worked one job his whole life, has one good friend, no girlfriend, and, despite being bright, he pushes off going out into the world over and over again. When the Dave’s safety nets start to fail his life gets turned upside down forcing him into situations out of his comfort zone. He slowly stumbles his way out of immaturity and begins to see the err of his ways.
This movie is very actor oriented, which means anyone submitting should be a very dedicated, dependable, and cranial actor. We are looking to find the comedy in the subtleties of life, in people and events. Not everyone can do that.
- Dave Sanderson: Dave is 30 years old, a virgin, still lives with his parents, and can’t break the trend. He’s smart, a nice guy, and to the outside world is completely normal.
- Mr. Sanderson: 55-65. The dad of Dave. He is an easy going, good natured, caring, but quiet parent.
- Mrs. Sanderson: 55-65. The mom of Dave. She is a true Mid-western mom of the UP, loving, absent-minded sometimes, and always upbeat. She is there for her family, but when it comes to Dave she just can’t do what it takes to kick him out of the house.
- Willy: 30. Willy is the best friend of Dave, and has been since they were kids. He is recently married and has moved on from the irresponsible stage of his life to one quieter and less dramatic.
- Tammy: 29. Willy’s wife. As much as she loves Dave, she grows tired of him always stopping by unannounced.
- Candace: 35-40. Dave’s sister (supporting)
- Teresa: 30. An old classmate of Dave and Willy. She just moved back into town from the city. (supporting)
- Julie: 25-30. Julie works at the library. Dave has a secret crush on her. (supporting)
This is a low-budget independent film, but we are hoping to secure additional funding. If we are lucky enough to acquire that then there will be some pay for the major and supporting roles, but if not then it’s all for the love of it. Everyone will be provided with copy, credit, some good food, and a lot of fun.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please email your headshot, resume and link to a demo reel (if you have one) to: LonelyPatheticPicture@gmail.com
NOTE: Please include the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.