Casting Call for Actors, Actresses and Extras
Three short Public Service Announcements will be shot in the Barry County and the Greater Grand Rapids Area on September 15th & 16th. The PSA’s are targeted to show at a local movie theater chain in the lobbies (these are not yet slated to be shown on TV). The content of the PSA’s deals with differing forms of abuse and they target giving teens direction on how to cope. The PSA’s will be shot and edited to resemble movie trailers versus the standard speak to the camera concept. Audition date will be informed upon receipt of headshot.
- Jacob: Looks 16. Guy next door, attractive, casual.
- Mandy: Looks 15-16. Lisa’s friend. She is concerned for Lisa as her boyfriend is very controlling.
- Extras: There are open roles for all ages. This shoot will occur in a park so families, groups of teenagers, etc will be needed.
- Eve: Looks 16 – 18. She has to deal with her parents constant arguing and verbal abuse to each other. She is always looking for an escape from the tension they create.
- Nik: Looks 16-19. He is Eve’s boyfriend and is very concerned for her mental state.
“A Bad Day”
- Ben: Looks 15-17. Caleb’s friend. He feels he always needs to check up on Caleb because there is always signs of physical abuse. He is scared for his friend but doesn’t know what to do.
- Caleb: Looks 15-17. Small in frame. Caleb is abused by his mother physically.
There will be pay for the speaking roles listed. Pay will be discussed prior to auditions for the people selected. Each person will only be needed for 1 shooting day (Home Time & A Bad Day will not be full days). Extras will not be paid. There is no compensation for travel.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, please email you headshot and resume to: email@example.com
NOTE: All applicants must be 18 years of age or older. Proof will be required at the audition. Audition location and date will be provided if submission accepted.