Auditions for Student Short Film
Casting actors for the short film, “Always Looking Up”. This is a short film being shot by the students of Compass College of Cinematic Arts in Grand Rapids, MI. Shooting is scheduled for March 28th, 29th and the 30th 2013.
January 28 & 29, and February 1, 2013 from 3:00pm to 8:30pm.
Compass College of Cinematic Arts
45 Sheldon Blvd SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Bill, a thirty-year-old white-collar worker, is at his weekly therapy sessions when he is told that he needs to stay calm at stressful moments. He is told that if he doesn’t see the good in everything that his high-blood pressure will be to much on him and could kill him. Bill starts his next average full day living by a criteria on a line that he was given to help stay calm and relaxed, however Bill starts his first day completely corrupt being his worst ever! Available Roles: Lead Bill-(INVOLVES LOTS OF MOVEMENT AND SOME STUNT WORK) Male, Late 20′s Mid 30′s. A klutzy man who lives his average life always striving for the best. He has to live completely optimistic due to his severe high-blood.
- Boss: Male, mid 40′s, has been working with Bill since the start of his career at a cubical business office. Is very stubborn stuck up for himself.
- Bills Girlfriend Alaina: Female, mid 20′s through 30′s, is a dishonest girlfriend with Bill and but knows him inside out. She is caught making love to someone else. (NO NUDITY)
- Therapist: Either or Male/Female, 40′s up range, this character is very wise and persuasive with his/her clients.
- Cheater: Male, 25′s-30s, is caught making love to Bills girlfriend, Alaina, and plays it cool yet scared of what Bill is going to do to him. (NO NUDITY)
- Little Girl: Ages 6-12, Hands a balloon to Bill.
- Homeless Man: Age 30-60, Is on the streets dressed very poor and is given money.
- Young Couple: Female and a Male in there 20′s, who hand money to homeless man.
- Pedestrians: Wide range of age, walking along the road.
- Old Lady: 60+ an elder lady who is helped being cross an intersection.
- Young Man: 20s, helps elder lady cross the street.
- Thief: 20-30′s, steals Bill’s bike.
- Father and Son: Father, 20′s+ Son, 8-12, kids bike get hits by Bill’s car, Father gets very upset over it and attacks Bill.
These are not paid roles, however craft services will be provided during all three of the shoot days and a DVD.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying, just attend the audition. For any questions please e-mail Carlos Castrillon at: email@example.com
NOTE: Preferably bring headshots/resumes to auditions. Only talent that is available during the above-mentioned shoot days all day and are serious about committing to this film will be considered