One Night Can Change Your Life
Vanessa Lynn’s groundbreaking murder mystery stage play “AFFAIRS…one night can change your life” (2008) is coming back for one big show and DVD taping in February 2011. The show has been re-written and is better than ever. It’s the story of a troubled but prominent family living in the deep south. Their troubles worsen when they receive a mysterious visitor and within 48 hours of her arrival. Someone is dead and an investigation takes place that all leads to a shocking killer and motive that will leave you breathless. This is a very critically acclaimed play and received many accolades and reviews from media.
Auditions are Tuesday, October 12th from 6pm to 8pm at the Baldwin Public Library. (300 W. Merrill St., Birmingham, MI)
We are looking for the following roles. Please pay careful attention and only attend if you fit the criteria.
- MAYOR GEORGE TAYLOR – Af Am Male late 40′s, early 50′s, very dramatic role, MUST BE ABLE TO DO A STRONG SOUTHERN ACCENT…singing is a plus but is not necessary.
- JUNE TAYLOR – Af Am Female late 40′s, wheelchair bound, wife of Mayor Taylor, bitter woman that has mixed emotions about the scandalous affairs of her husband..MUST BE ABLE TO DO A STRONG SOUTHERN ACCENT, MUST BE A VERY STRONG SINGER
- TANYA BENFORD – Caucasian, mid twenties, very attractive, very sexy, southern seductress MUST BE ABLE TO DO A STRONG SOUTHERN ACCENT, height, weight proportionate no larger than size 10
- PEACHES TAYLOR – Af Am female, mid twenties, SOUTHERN BELLE ACCENT, lawyer and daddy’s little girl, singing not necessary but it is a plus, dramatic role.
- GEORGE TAYLOR JR. – Af Am male, mid twenties, eclectic musician preferably with longer hair or dread locks (Lenny Kravitz type) black sheep of the family (no southern accent).
- RONNIE WOODS – Af Am male, late twenties, STRONG SOUTHERN ACCENT, this role is both very dramatic and very comedic you must be able to do both and be believable, Ronnie is a jack of all trades but also the towns lead detective.
- MISS ETHEL – Af Am female, mid-late forties, VERY STRONG SOUTHERN ACCENT, strong spiritual church going woman, dramatic role but very charming.
- LUCRETIA - Af Am female, over 30, a local witch and fortune teller MUST HAVE A STRONG JAMAICAN ACCENT this is a comedic but very witty role. MUST BE ABLE TO CARRY A TUNE not necessarily be a strong singer.
- DETECTIVE ANN MOULTRIE – race open, early thirties, big city stern detective (Detective Benson CSI) must be believable in size and stature would prefer someone at least 5’6 or taller but will consider others.
- DR. HEINZ – Caucasian male, mid 50′s, local physician and city coroner, VERY HEAVY SOUTHERN ACCENT, semi comedic role.
- BRANDON WINTERS – Caucasian male, mid-late 20′s, a very arrogant, political opponent, running against Mayor Taylor for re-election.
- REPORTER CINDY BEECH – age & race both open, need someone who is a very believable but controversial tv news reporter.
All roles are paid.
- You must bring a professional head shot & resume without both of these items you cannot audition.
- Preapre a one minute monologue based off the BASED OFF THE CHARACTER YOU ARE AUDITIONING FOR! If they have an accent please use that accent in your monologue.
- Preapre a one minute selection if you sing.