Auditions for Actors and Crew
Cast and crew are being sought for “Abduction Day.” Produced by Affective Electromagnetic and Oscillational Industries, the independent film will combine comedy, horror and science-fiction. The film will be shot in and around the Kalamazoo area. Filming, which will take place on weekends, is slated to begin June, 2012 and end September, 2012.
Saturday, May 5 from 12:00pm to 6:00pm
359 South Kalamazoo Mall
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
Major Roles (Speaking)
- Neil: Thirty-five years old, he looks like the guy next-door and is a product of the Midwest. His life is falling apart around him.
- Gillian: In her early thirties, she is attractive and studious.
- Moulton: Simple, but good-natured, he is in his mid-thirties.
- Lu: Possessing boyish looks and youthful energy, he is in his early twenties.
- Betty: She is an attractive mother-to-be in her early thirties.
- Florence: In her late fifties, she is protective of her daughter and critical of her daughter’s husband.
Minor Roles (Speaking)
- Gary: A hypnotist confined to a wheelchair, he is in his early seventies.
- Megan: In her early thirties, she is at home in a trailer park.
- Virginia: Socially-focused, she is in her forties.
Major Roles (Non-Speaking)
- Extraterrestrial 1-3: (Short, slimly built actors are needed for these roles.)
- Man in Black 1-2: (Tall, athletically built actors are needed for these roles.)
Minor Roles (Non-Speaking)
- Jeri: In her early thirties, she is at home in a trailer park.
Available Crew Positions
- 1st AC
- 2nd AC
- Co-Producer (pre-production)
- Picture editor
- Sound editor
- Key grip
- Makeup artist
- Set decorator/Prop master
- Sound designer
- Wardrobe/Costume designer
Those involved with the film will not be paid; however, the project will provide participants with both exposure and experience. The producer is willing to work with participants to help them receive internship credits. The film will be submitted to festivals, and a distributor will actively be sought. All of the cast and crew will be given copies of the film, and in the event a distributor is procured stipends may be given.
How to Apply:
Those interested in participating should attend the event for auditions and interviews detailed above. At the time of the event attendees should provide (if applicable) headshots, résumés, demo reels or all three. To have questions answered, concerns addressed or to send headshots, résumés and demo reels prior to the event, please e-mail: AEOILLC@gmail.com
Tags: abduction day, acting, affective electromagnetic, auditions, cast, casting call, comedy, crew, epic center, horror, kalamazoo, may 5th, oscillational industries, science fiction, speaking roles, unpaid