What A Do Theatre Auditions
What A Do Theatre will hold auditions for its production of A Few Good Men. What A Do Theatre artistic director Randy Wolfe will direct the award-winning drama written by Aaron Sorkin.
A Few Good Men is about two Marines on trial for complicity in the death of a fellow Marine at Guantanamo Bay. The Navy lawyer, a callow young man more interested in softball games than the case, expects a plea bargain and a cover up of what really happened. Prodded by a female member of his defense team, the lawyer eventually makes a valiant effort to defend his clients and, in so doing, puts the military mentality and the Marine code of honor on trial.
Monday, March 19th and Tuesday, March 20th from 7:00pm to 9:00pm
What A Do Theatre
4071 West Dickman Road
Springfield, MI 49037
NOTE: For the audition, actors should: bring a head shot and resume, be familiar with the play, memorize a 3-minute dramatic monologue (please, no monologues from A Few Good Men), be prepared for cold readings of scene selections from the script, and wear clothes appropriate for an acting physical movement exercise.
The cast breakdown calls for 15 actors: 14 males (age range 18-60’s) and one female (mid-late 20’s/early 30’s).
- Sentry (male)
- Pfc. Louden Downey (male)
- Lt. j.g. Sam Weinberg (male)
- Lt. j.g. Daniel A. Kaffee (male)
- Lt. Cmdr. Joanne Galloway (female)
- Capt. Isaac Whitaker (male)
- Capt. Matthew A Markinson (male)
- Pfc. William T Santiago (male)
- Lt. Col. Nathan Jessep (male)
- Lt. Jonathon James Kendrick (male)
- Lt. Jack Ross (male)
- Cpl. Jeffrey Owen Howard (male)
- Capt. Julius Alexander Randolph (male)
- Cmdr. Walter Stone (male)
- Marines, Sailors, M.P.’s, Lawyers, et al.
These are not paid roles.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in applying attend one of the auditions on either March 19th or March 20th. For more information, please contact Randy Wolfe at: Rwolfe@whatado.org
NOTE: No appointments will be taken.