Eastern Michigan University & the Michigan Production Alliance present:
How to Produce a Career in Film and Video Production
Saturday, March 27, 2010
9 a.m. to noon OR 1:30‐4:30 p.m.
Morning registration: 8:30 Afternoon registration: 1:00
Eastern Michigan University’s Quirk Theatre
THIS EVENT IS FREE
- Have the Michigan filming incentives sparked your interest in a career in
film and video production?
- How can you cash in on the demand for storytelling required for broadcast,
cable, the Web and institutional and corporate communications?
- In the meantime, how do you find work when there aren’t any jobs?
This seminar is both an introductory program offering practical advice for students and others new to the industry – as well as a highly motivational refresher course for anyone who is struggling in mid – career and could use some help in polishing and honing their survival skills.
How to Produce a Career in Film and Video Production focuses on the branding and entrepreneurial side to film and video storytelling. It is rich with content; providing participants with real‐world examples and personal stories about how to start out, grow, and sustain a career in Michigan’s burgeoning, yet tenuous, production environment.
- “How do you make work when you can’t find any?”
- “How to rewrite your story so that your job search has a happy ending”
- “The 10 best mistakes I ever made and what I learned from them”
- “Plan C: Should I stay in Michigan or should I go?”
More about Harvey Ovshinsky
The Detroit News describes this producer and story consultant as “one of this country’s finest storytellers.” Harvey’s work, which spans the universe of print, broadcast television and radio, digital storytelling, as well as primary, secondary, and university education, began in the turbulent ’60s and continues full force today.
IN FILM & VIDEO PRODUCTION:
Harvey Ovshinsky has been awarded broadcasting’s highest honors including a national Emmy, a Peabody, a duPont ‐ Columbia University Award, and the American Film Institute’s Robert M. Bennett Award for Excellence.
The Quirk Theatre at Eastern Michigan University is located in Ypsilanti, off I94. For campus map and parking information go to: EMU Map & Directions